Sep 14, 2003 at 2:36 PM Post #76 of 115
Ventolin Inhaler
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 14, 2003 at 7:07 PM Post #77 of 115
Quote:

Originally posted by BlindTiger
I knew that was a para by the trigger.
Is that a rolex GMT too?
How are the Para's, have a Kimber Pro Carry stainless myself.
and where's the holster? you can carry mexican style with it, cocked and locked.

good call on the watch. i have a fist #41 small of the back holster for it. i like the gun but the 2 fingered grip took a while to get used to. amazing that it takes a 10 round clip of .45 acp in such a small package.

Sep 14, 2003 at 8:55 PM Post #78 of 115
Anyone else notice that their pants pockets are getting rather full these days? I used to think I was extreme when I carried my keys, wallet, pocket planner, and cell phone a few years back. Now the norm for me (and many others, it appears) is to have so many goodies that a belt is necessary to keep your pants from flying off. Also, I can't survive without cargo pants. I don't know where all this stuff would go if I didn't have cargos. I've been wearing cargos for about 5 years straight now (not the same ones, mind you). They have gone out of fashion and come back in several times during that span -- so I figure I can at least look cool half of the time.

These days I always carry (in order of necessity):
* keys
* wallet
* cell phone
* digital camera (optioS, which fits in an Altoids tin)
* mints/gum

These items usually come along with me, too:
* watch (to me, it's redundant since time is on the cell also. but it's more convenient to check my wrist than to reach into my cargo pocket)
* pocket organizer (paper, though PDA is hopefully in my future)

And when I have my backpack with me (which is usually the case for longer walks), it's a just more and more additions.

When will the madness end? One day everything will be accessible via our retinal scans, finger prints, and the implants in our brains and other body parts. Then we won't need anything in our pockets anymore (except perhaps the mints/gum).

Sep 14, 2003 at 9:06 PM Post #79 of 115
mp3 player (heapdhones) + cellphone

Sep 16, 2003 at 11:30 AM Post #81 of 115
Watch as I definitely need to keep track of time.

Insulin and pen type syringe. I need to keep on top of that at all times.

Portable player. MD/CD depending on wether I want to go light or not. Headphones are usually MX500s but occasionally I take my PX200s or Stax SR001s.

My swipe card pass for the electronic doors at work.

Keys. I can't get out of the house without them!

Sep 16, 2003 at 1:59 PM Post #82 of 115
well, here's what i always leave the house with:

ipod + eggos
mobile phone
clie
fags (ciggarettes for you non-english types!) and lighter (a zippo with elvis on the front...how cool?)
wallet

and if i'm going out somewhere (like a night out) to that we add:

some vodka (god, i'm so poor!)
little but of makeup (lipstick and eyeliner) and a little mirror.

a while back they had eastpak bags on sale at my local skate park (friend worked in the bar there, and i was keeping her company on a friday night shift) and i got a black 10 litre one (i think, well whichever is the smallest they do) for about £8, which is the perfect size for everyday use.

Sep 16, 2003 at 3:46 PM Post #83 of 115
So those of you who carry firearms. Which one do you carry? (By the way, if you're pro NRA or anti-right to carry, post your opinions in another thread please. This one's not for arguing politics.)

I think the only pistols I really like are too big to carry concealed comfortably (Colt 1911, Glock .45).

Sep 17, 2003 at 12:24 PM Post #84 of 115
I initially put my sunglasses...

I can handle walking down to the beach without phone, keys, wallet, just my polarised Oakley's to keep me company....

But today I got a new cell phone, a Sony Ericsson T610...

As soon as i realised i could put Anna Kournikova screensavers on it, it quickly made itself indespensible...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2006 at 12:39 AM Post #86 of 115
The most important item for me is my watch. I've been wearing a watch consistently since I was about 10 years old.

I check the time quite often anyway and it's kinda hard to check when I can't find a clock.

Apr 20, 2006 at 2:00 AM Post #89 of 115
It was a toss up between my watch and my cell phone, since nobody calls me
icon10.gif
I picked watch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back