Can't install Schiit Modi 2 drivers. Saying to plug in the USB 2.0 device.
Mar 9, 2015 at 8:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

matthewh133

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi guys,

My Modi 2, Magni 2 Uber combo just arrived but I can't install the drivers to use it. The I have it plugged into a USB 2 slot on my computer motherboard, using the USB cable Schiit sells.. and the lights are on. It also recognizes it in my playback devices in control panel. Any idea why it's not recognizing the unit for the installation of the drivers?

Mar 9, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #2 of 6
  Hi guys,

My Modi 2, Magni 2 Uber combo just arrived but I can't install the drivers to use it. The I have it plugged into a USB 2 slot on my computer motherboard, using the USB cable Schiit sells.. and the lights are on. It also recognizes it in my playback devices in control panel. Any idea why it's not recognizing the unit for the installation of the drivers?

If your control panel says device ready you just need to make it your default device, and you should be good to go.

Mar 9, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #4 of 6
Mar 9, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #6 of 6

Nope. Before this I was using the sound from my monitor but that's no longer selected. I can see the green bar going up and down on the volume bar next to the DAC on my playback devices, but no still sound.

Disconnect the RCA cables from the DAC and touch the ends of the cables. If you can hear your touching through the headphones than the amp is working and the DAC is not. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back