Can't hear sound in game - Xonar DS + E9
Aug 4, 2012 at 10:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

middleclass

New Head-Fier
So I am running an old Xonar DS > E9 > DT990 250 and I can play music and video fine. However, when I'm playing a game like Battlefield 3, I can't hear a thing. Oddly, all sound is controlled by the Xonar DS and no levels appear to be moving in the playback device panel.

What am I doing wrong here?

Aug 4, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
So I am running an old Xonar DS > E9 > DT990 250 and I can play music and video fine. However, when I'm playing a game like Battlefield 3, I can't hear a thing. Oddly, all sound is controlled by the Xonar DS and no levels appear to be moving in the playback device panel.

What am I doing wrong here?

Post all your setting in the Xonar control panel.
How is the Xonar DS connected to the Fiio E09?

Aug 4, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
Post all your setting in the Xonar control panel.
How is the Xonar DS connected to the Fiio E09?

I am connected via line in to E9, front (green) on Xonar. My settings are: 2 Channels; 192 KHz; Headphone; SPDIF unchecked. Oddly, CounterStrike Source works but Battlefield 3 has no sound.

And even when I can hear in-game sound, I'm not getting the experience I want. I don't suppose I can get some kind of surround sound from this set up, can I?

Aug 5, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
I am connected via line in to E9, front (green) on Xonar. My settings are: 2 Channels; 192 KHz; Headphone; SPDIF unchecked. Oddly, CounterStrike Source works but Battlefield 3 has no sound.

And even when I can hear in-game sound, I'm not getting the experience I want. I don't suppose I can get some kind of surround sound from this set up, can I?

Set Audio Channel to max (6 or 8 channel?)
drop sample rate down to 96khz
Headphone (cool)

Try enabling and disabling GX and the same with Dolby Headphone.
I'm guess it might be better to have GX disabled.

Check audio setting in Battlefield 3, I've heard that  "Home Cinema" audio mode works best with Xonar cards and Dolby Headphone.

Aug 5, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
Set Audio Channel to max (6 or 8 channel?)
drop sample rate down to 96khz
Headphone (cool)

Try enabling and disabling GX and the same with Dolby Headphone.
I'm guess it might be better to have GX disabled.

Check audio setting in Battlefield 3, I've heard that  "Home Cinema" audio mode works best with Xonar cards and Dolby Headphone.

I was dicking around with those settings and it just randomly started working. I will check out those BF3 settings to try to get a better experience. Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back