Can't get my AV 710 to work in Linux
Jul 2, 2005 at 12:02 PM Post #16 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by momerath
Sorry I havent gotten back to you. I still havent tried to get the analog working and wanted to do that before I wrote a big howto. The only thing I see that you did differently with your config is that I put my options on one line (options model=av710, srate=44100) but I dont know if that matters. I also applied a patch to the amp.h and amp.c files in the ice1712 dir of the alsa source, but I'm not sure if that was necessary. I still intend to get the analog working, and figure out if the patch was necessary. I'll post a detailed howto when I do (I just moved and started a new job, so I've been busy).

Edit: if you want to strike out on your own, I got the patch from: https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/al...iew.php?id=986

No problem, you are already helping me a lot.

Unfortunatley I need the analog output, since my spearks don't have a spdif connector.

I'll be looking forward to your how to.

Thank you. And by the way, good luck on your new job.
biggrin.gif

Edit:

You mentioned the ice1712 directory, should I be using ice1712 modules instead of ice1724?

Aug 8, 2005 at 4:18 AM Post #17 of 17
Has anyone had any luck with this yet? I'm having a heck of a time getting the output with the Wolfson working myself, but I'm no expert. With gentoo and the new alsa built into the kernel I can get the regular output working, but nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back