Cant find the music like in lossless that not a full album
Jan 22, 2016 at 12:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

maybach123

New Head-Fier
so i am just wondering why i cant buy just one song on hdtracks they make you buy the entire album when i only want one song. are there other places to buy loss less music from than hdtrack and would ripping cds be loss less. i am somewhat new to audiophile community 

Jan 22, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #2 of 10
  so i am just wondering why i cant buy just one song on hdtracks they make you buy the entire album when i only want one song. are there other places to buy loss less music from than hdtrack and would ripping cds be loss less. i am somewhat new to audiophile community 

If there's no reason to prefer the version available on hdtracks to the CD, then buying a used CD will be cheaper. If you really like to pick and choose lots of tracks from lots of albums, streaming (lossy or lossless) is something to look into.

Jan 22, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #3 of 10
Subscribe.  I had the same question.  I would pay more per song, but I am not buying the entire album.  I have previewed the album in other formats and don't like many of the song.   

Jan 22, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #5 of 10
  are all cd lossless

Yes, unless you happen to have a disc that doesn't conform to standards (the kind you probably won't get off Amazon). The bigger question is one of mixing and mastering, as they can differ between the CD version and various download versions for any given album. Is there an album you have in mind?

Jan 22, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #6 of 10

Yes, unless you happen to have a disc that doesn't conform to standards (the kind you probably won't get off Amazon). The bigger question is one of mixing and mastering, as they can differ between the CD version and various download versions for any given album. Is there an album you have in mind?

well i kind of cherry pick songs from different artist i have an itunes library that i want to "convert" (not literally in the sense of rebuying) into lossless music because i plan on picking up a schiit modi 2 and valhalla 2. one of the songs i found was fortunate son but i can only get it by buying an entire album and i would rather not spend 24 dollars so i can only listen to one song (i know i will kind of have to do that for cd but they are cheaper) another was "pick your self up" by frank Sinatra but that one i can only get by buying albums as well  

Jan 22, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #7 of 10
  well i kind of cherry pick songs from different artist i have an itunes library that i want to "convert" (not literally in the sense of rebuying) into lossless music because i plan on picking up a schiit modi 2 and valhalla 2. one of the songs i found was fortunate son but i can only get it by buying an entire album and i would rather not spend 24 dollars so i can only listen to one song (i know i will kind of have to do that for cd but they are cheaper) another was "pick your self up" by frank Sinatra but that one i can only get by buying albums as well  

I'm one of those guys who thinks that 256AAC is pretty audibly transparent, so my natural inclination is to say to just be happy with your iTunes versions. That being said:

The Sinatra track seems to be available from the Pono store as a single track. If "Fortunate Son" is the CCR track, then it is also available there, although I didn't see one in hi-res.

Jan 22, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #8 of 10

I'm one of those guys who thinks that 256AAC is pretty audibly transparent, so my natural inclination is to say to just be happy with your iTunes versions. That being said:

The Sinatra track seems to be available from the Pono store as a single track. If "Fortunate Son" is the CCR track, then it is also available there, although I didn't see one in hi-res.

ill check those out but your probably right (i most likely wont be able to tell the difference) i may just stick with itunes and lps for now 

Jan 22, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #9 of 10
http://www.head-fi.org/a/list-of-lossless-and-high-res-music-flac-alac-aiff-dsd-dxd-etc-download-sites

The problem with iTunes is that some of the masters are inferior. One advantage of iTunes is exclusive content like bonus tracks and Mastered for iTunes releases.

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #10 of 10
Most of the lossless songs available are in the form of albums. I too faced issues of not finding single good lossless song that I prefer and had to get the full album of the artist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back