Cant find info on changing HD6xx to Mini-XLR jacks
May 14, 2022 at 5:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

DivinesGaming

Head-Fier
Am I tripping or did I see a mod on here in the past where you can switch your HD6xx to having Mini XLR input jacks instead of the 2 pins? I've got a 'premium' audio cable, that I'd like to be able to use on my HD6xx, and would be very interested in switching the headphones inputs to use mini xlr instead of 2pin. Anyone got any advice? If I can't, then I'll get an adapter but I don't want the extra bulk at the headphone as it may limit my range of motion.

May 14, 2022 at 8:59 PM Post #2 of 6
I've bought and sold a lot of them, and it sounds like an ordeal to rewire them just over a cable. I just replaced one and got the Weishan replacement on Amazon (B097NXGHY3) and it sounded better than stock for $15 and the coil is nice compared to the 9ft original one for me.
The Hart cables are more, but worth it for the quick connect system for using different amps. I'd rather just sell that one and get a nice cable that fits than rewire them. I had a bag of three drop cables for those that failed at one time, good thing to upgrade though.

May 14, 2022 at 10:42 PM Post #3 of 6
Yeah I get that, but I don't want to have to clear out space on the desk for a new cord, and my current cord is expensive enough that I'd prefer to continue using it on the HD6xx's, so even if it's an ordeal, I'd like to rewire the headphones to use mini xlr. Just can't find the video or forum post I saw before, again. Hrm!

May 15, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #4 of 6
Maybe doing a Google image search would be easy to spot the modification that way. With a trillion web pages to search for a lot of time I can spot what I'm looking for on a page of thumbnail images quicker, especially for a mod like that. Youtube doesn't have as many pages indexed, if someone posted a video they'd have it there.

May 25, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #6 of 6
You could do a simple dongle… wire up some Senn plugs to go into the cans and terminate them with miniXLR male jacks on the other end. Just make them like three inches long and voila, a conversion without having to modify the cups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back