Can't find a place to buy Sennheiser HD580?
Dec 22, 2009 at 7:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

beachbum1212

New Head-Fier
Does anyone know of a legitimate site that is selling these? (would much prefer new or refurbished) The only one that I could find was amazon and it says "currently unavalible".
confused.gif

I also found one or two that were selling them overpriced.
confused.gif

Thanks-James

Dec 22, 2009 at 7:33 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Landis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're out of production, but I'd recommend grabbing some off the For Sale forum and buying new pads if you have to.

Modded ones (changed grill and cable) will usually go for $150 - $200 USD.

Would I be able to return them if there is anything wrong with them though? I've had quite a number of bad experiences with used products

Dec 22, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #4 of 11
They won't be under warranty or anything, but in general sellers on the Head-Fi forums are very responsible and take good care of their gear - there shouldn't be anything wrong with it when you buy them. If you break them, of course, that's a different story. But if you find something here from a seller with good feedback (there is a forum devoted to feedback about buyers/sellers), I would purchase without any reservations.

Dec 22, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #5 of 11
I have had great success with the sellers in the FS forum here. They have been very good to deal with and I have saved several hundred $ on headphones over the past year. For example I am listening to a [air of used HD600 I picked up here and they are almost like brand new but I paid less than 1/2 of what they cost brand new.

Dec 22, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #7 of 11
Just another one agreeing with the quality of sellers and their products here. I've bought several things from people and they all come as described, which was mostly excellent condition. Just make sure to look at feedback.

My own pair of HD580s went through 2 or 3 head-fiers, but they are still in great condition and I got them for a great price. Plus, the HD580 is modular, so if anything does stop working, you can replace only the parts that have been damaged.

Dec 22, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #8 of 11
The Sennheiser HD580 is out of production and has been for a long time. Even NOS (not otherwise sold) items are long out of stock.

You can always check the Sennheiser USA website to see if they have refurbished cans. Best bet is the forsale forum here on head-fi. Sure, we have the occasional bad deal here, but it is rare. Most people here are pretty fastidious about how they take care of their gear and are normally pretty honest about the conditon. If you read the for sale ads even nicks in headphone are noted, plus usually there are pictures with the post or available via email.

The HD580 does come up fairly frequently in the for sale forum so that would be a good way to get one.

Dec 23, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmanGeorge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They won't be under warranty or anything, but in general sellers on the Head-Fi forums are very responsible and take good care of their gear - there shouldn't be anything wrong with it when you buy them. If you break them, of course, that's a different story. But if you find something here from a seller with good feedback (there is a forum devoted to feedback about buyers/sellers), I would purchase without any reservations.

x2 - EVERY headphone you see in my signature is from Head-Fi members - - - purchasing here is even better than a warranty!
wink_face.gif

Dec 23, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #11 of 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back