Can't decide!
Jan 20, 2012 at 3:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Beastieboy1234

New Head-Fier
Skullcandy Mix master or Aviators? I've narrowed it down to these two options but I really can't decide. Please help me pick between the two and I'd prefer it if you didn't suggest other cans because I really like the style of these and I've heard that they both sound great but I really want to pick the best one

Jan 20, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #4 of 11
Can't say I've seen the hype but believe what you like, check the specs of each phone, if they don't use the same generic 20-20 driver all the others do then give one of them a go. Regardless on whether or not Skullcandy are trying to attract a hifi market they remain a fashion headphone, with looks first and sound second.

Jan 20, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #5 of 11
I haven't seen much on the Mix masters, but they are a few people on here (not shills or newbies) who heard the aviators and spoke positively. Have not listened to either of them myself, but I'd say the aviators.

Jan 20, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #6 of 11

Quote:
I haven't seen much on the Mix masters, but they are a few people on here (not shills or newbies) who heard the aviators and spoke positively. Have not listened to either of them myself, but I'd say the aviators.

Thanks! There was one comparing the two and I can't remember but somehow he was connected to the head-fi organization but he didn't really clarify which was best. 

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #8 of 11
I have to agree with Graphism on this one, skull candy's look pretty childish and prolly wont really look as socially acceptable in a working environment. Not hating skull candy's though, just saying, its prolly not the most professional looking headphones around. I've never heard the aviators but the skull candy's are decent I suppose for the price. However, I think they're plenty other headphones out there that could prolly give you a better bang for your buck.

Jan 22, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #9 of 11

Quote:
I have to agree with Graphism on this one, skull candy's look pretty childish and prolly wont really look as socially acceptable in a working environment. Not hating skull candy's though, just saying, its prolly not the most professional looking headphones around. I've never heard the aviators but the skull candy's are decent I suppose for the price. However, I think they're plenty other headphones out there that could prolly give you a better bang for your buck.

Thanks but I'm only planning on personal use, I need to be all ears at my job. The thing is that I saw some reviews on here that complimented both and I really like closed headphones. Any suggestions for good headphones for 300 dollars or less that are close backed but still have good style? I listen to rap, hip hop, jazz, old school, classic rock and some classical music. Also acoustic and alternative...basically everything but country...any suggestions?

Jan 22, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #10 of 11

Really depends, the Aviators were the first Skull Candy that shocked me really ~ I'd put them in the same box as the V-Moda M80
 - fashionable, reasonable sounding mid bass accentuated headphone in the $200AUD-ish bracket.

The Mix Masters on the other hand are a basshead challenge to the Beats Studios ~ if you're a basshead then they might be worth
 a look.

Tyll Hertsens gave them the thumbs up for basshead duties

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/skullcandy-mix-master

Jan 22, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #11 of 11
Thanks! I've been using his site as well to help me pick and on the comments he says he'd rather pick the Mix Master because they have better bass. I don't think it's so much that these have too much Bass but that the aviators lack some which is why Im gonna go with his opinion on this one. Thanks everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back