Can't decide.
Jun 18, 2007 at 6:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

blinx

500+ Head-Fier
For my birthday i have decided to get myself a 2nd gen ipod nano and a pair of IEMs for school this fall. I used to be all gun-ho about an amazing portable set up, but then i found out lugging a huge mp3 player (zen touch) and an amp didnt make much sense. Thus, i never used it.

I can't decide between the ER6i and the ER4P. Coming unamped out of a nano is it worth having the er4p? I know either one won't stack up to my current system, modded zhaolu ->purist HD -> RS-1. But is the difference that big between the two iems unamped that it warrants the cost difference?

thanks a ton guys

Jun 18, 2007 at 6:57 AM Post #2 of 7
im using a 2nd gen nano (red in color..woo) with yuin pk2..sounds great unamped..

Jun 18, 2007 at 12:32 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by blinx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For my birthday i have decided to get myself a 2nd gen ipod nano and a pair of IEMs for school this fall. I used to be all gun-ho about an amazing portable set up, but then i found out lugging a huge mp3 player (zen touch) and an amp didnt make much sense. Thus, i never used it.

I can't decide between the ER6i and the ER4P. Coming unamped out of a nano is it worth having the er4p? I know either one won't stack up to my current system, modded zhaolu ->purist HD -> RS-1. But is the difference that big between the two iems unamped that it warrants the cost difference?

thanks a ton guys

I know exactly what you mean. I got myself a Zen Sleek Photo, which is slightly less bulky than the touch and I don't like to take it to school either. I just don't like to take it with me, it's heavy, biiiiiiig, you can't see anything when the sun's shining en to navigate on it goes slower by the day. And not to mention the battery blooooooooooooooows ;D

Have you also considered the mylarthree iem? They're supposed to be really good costing only 57usd.

Jun 18, 2007 at 5:42 PM Post #6 of 7
I like the 2nd generation Nano and ER6i's as a simple, practical, on-the-go setup (there's "portable," and then there's "portable" ... I think of it as the difference between "transportable" and "portable"). The ER4P's should be even better, if you can manage the price difference ... but even the ER6i's would be nice for walking to class, avoiding homework, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back