Can't Decide: Zumreed ZHP-005 or Panasonic RP-HTX7
Sep 19, 2008 at 5:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Fungamania

New Head-Fier
Sep 19, 2008 at 12:36 PM Post #2 of 6
I don't know anyone that's used either, but I've seen a few of the Panasonics on the street and they do look amazing - it's a little bit worrying that most of the reviews on AC don't seem too hot on the sound quality.

I'm guessing that looks are pretty important to you? If that's the case, then it's purely down to your taste (as is sound of course).

If you want some great sounding phones for a similar price to the ones you've mentioned (with love 'em/hate 'em looks) and if sound isolation isn't a problem, try Grado SR60s - they're about USD70 on Amazon. Beyer, Sennheiser and Audio Technica all probably do decent sounding closed back alternatives around the price, but I don't know any particular models, sorry.

Always the best thing though, is to try some out first. Take your mp3 player down to your local stockist and you should be able to have a listen to your options before you buy.

Hope this helps,

Oct 14, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #3 of 6
i had the pioneer's until they got stolen and I really loved them for casual listening/throw-around headphones.

a couple complaints though. they cups move around alot on the headband and you'll often get one cup sliding to the bottom while the other one rides up higher on the headband. This doesn't really affect how snugly they stay on your ears, but it's frustrating if not a little uncomfortable. you also have to tilt the headband forward a little for maximum comfort.

i don't have any experience with the zumreed's but they look sweet, the solid colored cups are neat. the only thing is they're circular rather than elliptical so they might press on the tops or bottoms of your ear which would be annoying.

Oct 14, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #4 of 6
I have the HTX7 most of what you read about it having a "fun" sound is true. The mids are pushed back a little but the lowed has nice punch to it and the highs have presence and they have better sound stage and interment separation than most but they can be somewhat harsh in treble with some track or have too much bass on some. After about 60hr of pink noise they became much more balanced but the highs are still a little loud but punch in the lowed has nice articulation to it. Keep in mind these are only about $40 so there not mind blowing but for there price they beat every other option I've tried hands down. They block out some noise and are light but they get hot and uncomfortable after about 5hrs of use and they have nice colors. These aren't audiophile cans by any means but they do have a very fun sound for listening on the go and such and are a much better option considering there price. Audio cubes shows glowing reviews for the zumreed can phone but I myself have never heard it. This is just my take on it so take my word with a grain of salt and best of luck.

Jun 9, 2009 at 4:01 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gusso /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can also buy all Zumreed Heaphones and speakers on PIXMANIA. Check it out!

is pixmania still selling Zumreed headphones?
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back