can't decide on headphones :(
Aug 15, 2009 at 9:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

elk0019

Head-Fier
i'm looking for a headphone for gaming mainly but i don't want to compromise too much on movies and music (metal and rock mainly but i listen to a wide variety of genders also)

budget is a maximum of 200 $, i could really do without an amplificator

BIG closed cans are welcome ( i don't care about being seen in public with a large headphone lol)

most of the models i mentioned below only have one wire but i would seriously prefer a wire for each can if possible
frown.gif

i took in consideration one of the following models and prices i have found:

audiotechnica a500 (130 $), a700 (127 $), a900 (184 $) (i'm undecided wether to take in consideration the open counterparts, because i read they have a wider soundstage but that would compromise having to be opened insted of closed)

koss pro 4aa titanium (100 $) this is n°1 on aesthetics for me, really love how koss looks but sadly they only go up to 25k, but hey that's a really nice price

i'm on the verge of ruling out dt770 80 pro because of the recommended amplifier

i ruled out sennheisers because of them being to laid

and i really don't know what else to take in consideration... any suggestion is really appreciated, thanks.

Aug 20, 2009 at 1:44 PM Post #2 of 3
Try an Ultrasone headphone. I have the HFI-580's and love them. Awesome for metal and rock.

Aug 20, 2009 at 3:19 PM Post #3 of 3
What sound card or other equipment will you be plugging these headphones into?

The rating for how high headphones go up to like 25K is practically meaningless. Disregard it when considering headphones.

Most want a big sound stage for gaming.

Do you need headphones that are good at not letting the sound leak out so as to not bother others near by? Or, is that not so much of a concern?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back