Can't decide on a new flash player...
Sep 12, 2007 at 8:43 AM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dregur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While working out is the main purpose, I still want want an ultraportable player for other uses when an iPod 5G is too heavy/bulky.

That, and I hate shuffle-type players. I like to listen to albums, not random tracks.

Then considering you are already using iTunes, I would get any of the refurbished 2G nano. It has full aluminum enclosure, not the scratch magnet chrome back like the 3G, definitely more durable for working-out. They're quite cheap at Apple online store refurbished section. 8GB is $169, 2GB only $99!

Sep 12, 2007 at 6:26 PM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by sayrum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
afaik creative has mediocre sound quality, try the samsung yp-t9, much better sq, buttons, so you can control it in your pocket (gym etc) and pretty good battery life.
there are a few threads here about this lil gem...

good luck with your quest!

Other than the T9 bluetooth ability, it seems to me like the new Sonys just came in and stole the T9's thunder. They seem to have the same benefits, plus dedicated volume buttons (and reportedly possibly a bit better sound quality).

Is there any reason to get a T9 now over the new Sony's? (Other than Bluetooth, if you care about that. T9 might have slightly better battery life, but not enough to really make a difference.)

Sep 12, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #19 of 24
How about the Sandisk Sansa e280 8GB?

It costs $126 on Amazon plus free shipping, probably could get cheaper somewhere else.

I have the player myself, instead its the e270. Very sturdy. I dropped it couple of times. It also went through the laundry washer and dryer accidentally. Everything worked ok and the screen went back to normal after couple of days in my hot car(because I just left it). Now the thing is back how it was before it was washed. They also have athletic accessories for it assuming you don't have huge arms. Stainless steel back. Pretty good/ok sound quality.

Take a look.

Sep 12, 2007 at 7:29 PM Post #20 of 24
Id agree with yangster, the e200 series is also worth a look. Rockboxable, compact, decent battery life. But with my first hand experience with the player, Id judge it's audio quality to be a bit on the poor side...

Sep 12, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Amblin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Id agree with yangster, the e200 series is also worth a look. Rockboxable, compact, decent battery life. But with my first hand experience with the player, Id judge it's audio quality to be a bit on the poor side...

Quote:

I was tempted to wait for the Sansa View, but it's rather longish, and my previous experience experience with Sansa is filled with annoyances and poor sound quality (E280, my thumb aches when I think about it).

Had one, didn't like it.

-The Grinman
biggrin.gif

Sep 12, 2007 at 7:33 PM Post #22 of 24
-Meizu M3 or M6 if you want video (although M3 can do it, screen is too small). Best bang for the buck.*

-iAudio 7. A bit expensive.

*New M6 coming soon too, thinner. Don't know about other improvements.

Sep 12, 2007 at 7:50 PM Post #23 of 24
Just be warned on the M3 and M6 that they have trouble at the end of gapless tracks ripped at > 128kpbs MP3.

If that is not a problem for someone, they look like nice players. I really like the thinness (I didn't want to risk it so I'm going with a new Sony).

Sep 12, 2007 at 8:17 PM Post #24 of 24
Honestly, if its just for working out, I'd go with the Zen Stone Plus. It's got a screen, it's got a stopwatch. It's tiny, and well built. Why burden yourself with a heavy player for working out? If its your secondary player, there's no need for it to be super fancy, or have a screen for videos/pictures if you're not going to be utilizing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back