Can't decide between two DAC/amps. Any advice?
Jan 11, 2015 at 5:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Turtle1631991

New Head-Fier
Hello
I have AKG 701 and have considered getting soemthing pair with them better than my economic-choice roland audio interface. After long and careful delibertaion I have arrived to a conclusion. I definitely want one of these two.

So either it's gonna be OPPO HA-1 or Mytek Digital Stereo 192 DSD-DAC Preamp. They both use Sabre DACs and seem to have great amps capable of feeding quality sound to my cans. So which one would you reccomend for me? I have heard a lot of good about OPPO HA-1 and mostly in superlatives why there's little to be found about mytek. By it can be due to the fact that big US company gets better media covereage. It also displays real bith depth and frequency of input signal so that's one appealing wuality. Than again costing over 1800 USD over here it's 220 more expansive tham Mytek which makes it skirt very top of my financial ability (no I can't get no more money on it, I am part time working student and it took my 2 years to put the cash together). Mytek looks more serious to me. It gives more of a "no ********, only music" kind of impression having no useless Bluetooth in it. Those review and impressions I found seem to be just a tad little bit excited and superlative as those of oppo but that may be just becouse product is not as well known and only real audio athusiasts review it.

I'd love to here any kind of recomendation, advice or experience on both of those. I am really torn and at a loss.

AD: I also gave a serios consideration to Woo Audio WA7 with WA7tp supply but since those are not officially distributed in ehre I would have to have them shipped here from US and deal with taxes and customs myself. Also I wouldn not get 2 year full warranty demanded by law over here and if anythign happened I would have to ship them all the way back to US.

Jan 11, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #2 of 3
Do you have high def music files that are encoded at high resolutions and/or DSD? Do you have your headphones wired for balanced signals? I don't see the point of paying for those features unless you plan on using them.

Jan 11, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #3 of 3
I have plenty (hundreds of gigs) of High res music and some SACD PS3 ripped images I am curious about. No to the third. just AKG 701 which BTW sound better to my ear than many pieces two or three times their prize

Users who are viewing this thread

Back