Can't decide between Schiit (U) Stack and ODAC+O2
Nov 14, 2016 at 4:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Niight

New Head-Fier
Hey,

I want to move on from my onboard sound on my PC and get a dedicated Amp and DAC.
I'm listening to music only over my PC with Shure SRH 840 headphones at the moment, but am planning to buy more expensive headphones in the future (eg. Sennheiser HD 600).

My budget is around 300€.

I've looked around a little bit and the most suggested DAC and Amp combinations at this price point are the Schiit (Uber) Stack and the ODAC+O2 combo.
I have trouble deciding which one of those to get though...

The prices from the distributors in europe look as following (without shipping, would probably add ~10€):

Schiit Stack : 240€
Schiit Uber Stack: 350€
ODAC+O2 combo: 230€ ( bout ~250€ if I buy them separately)

I'm not sure if I really need the Uber Stack and if the large pricegap is worth the upgrade in sound quality (if there is one).

I would be really grateful if someone could tell me what combination is the best/most efficient for the prices I've listed.
At the moment I'm leaning toward the ODAC+O2, as the distributor is located in switzerland (quite near my country).

Am open to any suggestions and happy for every help!
o2smile.gif

Thanks in advance!

Nov 14, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #2 of 4
I just bought an Asgard 2 and Modi 2 dac and amp this month..planning to sell soon as I can on here. I decided to upgrade already. They are fantastic and I highly recommend. Plenty of clean power for phones up to 600Ω but I plan to go ortho so must sell.

Nov 14, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #3 of 4
At the moment I'm leaning toward the ODAC+O2, as the distributor is located in switzerland (quite near my country).

Product support is important so this is one thing you need to go for whenever performance isn't going to be sacrificed. Alternately, if you can spend more, you can just get an ODAC from Head-N-HiFi and then get something like a Meier Jazz for a little bit more power.

Nov 21, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for your answers! Sorry for my late response.

I've decided to go with something "different" and bought a Chord Mojo, as its also quite handy on my train rides =)

Thanks for your suggestions and your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back