Can't decide between Samsung's yp-p2 and Sony's 818
Dec 24, 2007 at 8:53 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by grommal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As for bells and whistles, if you want FM, the Sony NWZ-S618 has it, while the 818 does not. I have the 4GB version of the 6xx series myself.

Is there a difference in sound quality and sound feature set (EQ, surround sound etc) between the 6xx and the 8xx??

If I get the 8Gig 618, I think it's a better deal providing the the sound quality and sound feature set is the same as the 818. The 818 only has a slightly bigger screen. The 618 gives me a tuner with recording capability.

Anyone else feels differently??

Dec 24, 2007 at 9:07 AM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by vbrown /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 618 gives me a tuner with recording capability. Anyone else feels differently??

The S610 series does not record.

Rick

Dec 24, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by vbrown /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there a difference in sound quality and sound feature set (EQ, surround sound etc) between the 6xx and the 8xx??

If I get the 8Gig 618, I think it's a better deal providing the the sound quality and sound feature set is the same as the 818. The 818 only has a slightly bigger screen. The 618 gives me a tuner with recording capability.

Anyone else feels differently??

There's a whole recent thread on the differences between the 6xx and 8xx Sonys. Search a bit.

Dec 24, 2007 at 3:27 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by RickB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The S610 series does not record.

Rick

Right. Neither the 6xx nor 8xx records. The 6xx has FM tuner.

Dec 26, 2007 at 4:11 AM Post #20 of 23
Ok thanks for all the advice!

Decided on the ... Clix2!

I know I said I hated the design, but I can overlook that for the SQ advantage. Too, it's going to give me Sony sound but with more power (I tend to listen loud) ...

That said, on amazon they have this:
iRiver 1CLIx8B Clix 8 GB Multimedia Player
Amazon.com: iRiver 1CLIx8B Clix 8 GB Multimedia Player: Electronics

This is the clix2 correct?

Dec 26, 2007 at 10:10 AM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by elvis_presley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok thanks for all the advice!

Decided on the ... Clix2!

I know I said I hated the design, but I can overlook that for the SQ advantage. Too, it's going to give me Sony sound but with more power (I tend to listen loud) ...

That said, on amazon they have this:
iRiver 1CLIx8B Clix 8 GB Multimedia Player
Amazon.com: iRiver 1CLIx8B Clix 8 GB Multimedia Player: Electronics

This is the clix2 correct?

Who told you that Clix2 is going to give you Sony sound?

Dec 26, 2007 at 11:07 AM Post #22 of 23
The Clix2 is probably the best go-between for these two players. You made a good choice. I myself went for the P2 since it had the best features and superior video playback while still having a superior SQ over most players.

I will probably go for a Sony in the future however, if they realize they need to step up the featureset while maintaining their SQ.

Dec 26, 2007 at 12:24 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by neoufo51 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Clix2 is probably the best go-between for these two players. You made a good choice. I myself went for the P2 since it had the best features and superior video playback while still having a superior SQ over most players.

I will probably go for a Sony in the future however, if they realize they need to step up the featureset while maintaining their SQ.

Have to agree with that, loving the P2 right now, while my Sony just gathers dust lol! Sony has the greater SQ, but feature wise it does lack many things! Its an excellent player for listening to music, but I am a gadget lover and love the extra functions/features even if I don't use them!

And the Clix 2 is a good choice nice little player. You'll like it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back