Can't decide between GR02 Bass Edition and GR06, help me plsplspls.
Oct 4, 2012 at 5:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Hente

100+ Head-Fier
Title says all, I will be using a Sansa Fuze with no amp and I usually end up stating my preferred genres improperly so here is my last.fm and tag/genre cloud:
http://www.last.fm/user/OptimaShift
http://i.imgur.com/20OFL.png

Please do not hesitate to ask more questions if they are needed.
Are these the right GR02 Bass Editions? I'd be pretty angry if I ended up getting the wrong one. :| http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vsonic-GR02-Bass-/221132600837?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item337c87b605

Oct 4, 2012 at 6:14 AM Post #2 of 17
Honestly its hard to tell from just pictures and stuff. But as far as I know (and I live I china, where the vsonic has its home) there are no fakes. Why? Because simply put, AFAIK fakes only exist for popular products in the market, and here (at least in shanghai) western brands are always the 'cool' thing, people here carry iPhones and Beats as opposed to Chinese brands such as Huawei or vsonic. I'm pretty sure Chinese brands just aren't popular enough to make fakes of.. Which makes no sense because of gems like vsonic =)

I highly doubt what you are looking at is fake. Am I 100% sure? Definitely not, but I'm putting a high wager on it.

As for the gr06 vs gr02... Can't answer that since I haven't had any experience with the former.

Oh, and and do you mind if I friend you on last.fm? =p I like having last.fm friends =D

Sent from my Nintendo 64 using Tapatalk 2

Oct 4, 2012 at 6:58 AM Post #3 of 17
Thanks for the input, I was actually concerned if they were the regular GR02s instead of the GR02 Bass versions haha. The seller is apparently an authorized VSonic ebay seller, at least this is what i've read on Head-fi, so I'm not too worried in that regard. Also, you can friend me, sure. The more the merrier. :V

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #4 of 17
Those are the bass...mine just arrived 10 minutes ago, I'm listening to them right now. I used the same seller, same ebay link in fact. 

My first impressions of the GR02 bass....well, I've had them on for 5 minutes and they are not bad. Lots of bass...lol...I guess as expected. These things reach down pretty low...think subwoofer bass. Highs and mids are a bit recessed at the moment, but I am using a warm amp (cMoyBB with the OPA2227 Opamp). Not sure how well these respond to burn in or EQing or how they do straight from a DAP, I'll play with them today, but for the price, they are good. These will make a great pair of travel IEM's when I don't want to risk my expensive Etymotics. 

Oct 8, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #9 of 17
/\___/\
/ /    ヽ :: \
| (●), 、(●)、 |
|  ,,ノ(、_, )ヽ、,,   |
|   ,;‐=‐ヽ .:::: |
\  `ニニ´  .:::/    N-NO THANK YOU
/`ー‐--‐‐—´´\
       .n:n    nn
      nf|||    | | |^!n
      f|.| | ∩  ∩|..| |..|
      |: ::  ! }  {! ::: : |
      ヽ  ,イ   ヽ  :イ..

Oct 9, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #10 of 17
         ,-、            ,.-、
        ./:::::\          /::::::ヽ
       /::::::::::::;ゝ--──-- 、._/:::::::::::|
       /,.-‐''"´          \:::::::::::|
     /                ヽ、::::|
    /    ●                  ヽ|
     l   , , ,             ●      l
    .|        (_人__丿     、、、  |
     l                      l
    ` 、                       /
      `ー 、__               /
         /`'''ー‐‐──‐‐‐┬'''""´

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #12 of 17
           ███      
         ███▒▒█     
        █▓▓▓█▒▒█    
       █▓▓▓▓▓████   
       █▓▓▓▓▓█▒▒▓█  
      █▒▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓█  
      █▒▓▓░   ▓▓ █  
      █▒▓░   ██░█ █  
       █▓░  ██░█ █ ./ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
      ██▓░░   ░ ░█.< Morning bump |
    ██▒▒█▓░████░███ ....\_______/
   █▓▒▒▒▒█░░░░░█▒▒▓█
   █▓▓▒▒▒▒█████▒▒▓▓█
  █▓▓▓▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▓▓▓█
  █▓▓███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███▓▓█
  █▓▓▓██▒▒▒▒▒▒▒██▓▓▓█
  █▓▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓█
   ███ █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ███
      █▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒█   
     █▓▓▒▒▒█▒▒▒▒▓█  
    ██▓▓▓▒█ █▒▓▓▓██ 
  ██▓▓▓▓▓█   █▓▓▓▓▓██
 █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█   █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█
 █████████   █████████

Oct 10, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #15 of 17
I have auditioned the GR06 before and had the GR02 bass edition on loan. I prefer the GR06, the GR02's had a tad too much midbass for my liking. The GR06 sounded more open and clear to me, plus I like the over-the-ear fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back