CANT DECIDE BETWEEN 3 TOP UNDER $200 HEADPHONES. VMODA VS SONY VS BOSE!!!!
Feb 2, 2015 at 9:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

SidTheKid

New Head-Fier
 Hey guys,

I have been researching on top headphones under $200 and have found the VMODA CROSSFADE LP2, SONY MDR-1R and the BOSE SOUND TRUE OVER EAR to be my top picks.

I have eliminated the ATH M50X from my list because it is just not what I am looking for.

What I want basically is a pair of headphones that have deep bass, clear mids, and smooth highs. I mainly listen to dubstep, pop, vocal heavy music. So I really want punchy bass and clear vocals. I also plan to watch movies with them.

The style,portability,accessories of all of them are fine.... what I want to know about is about the sound
quality. So if you guys could narrow it down and tell me which one of them would be best for my needs, that would be great. Please leave a reply. Thanks for reading!!!  
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 2, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #2 of 11
The Bose and Sony are going to be more comfortable, and I'd probably say go with the Bose, unless you're after a really accurate/flat sound. If you are then I'd say go with the Sony's.

Feb 2, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #7 of 11
MDR-1R is going to work better with vocal music and LP2 is going to work better with dubstep. If you want impactful bass, what beats wish their headphones sounded like go with V-moda. If you want best sound overall for many different type of music go with MDR-1R. If you want the most comfort go with Bose.

There's no best though really. It's all about what you think is more important to be emphasized and even then you wouldn't want that all of the time.

I second the M100 -should be a better compromise if you can stretch the budget. 

Dec 5, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #8 of 11
if the bose soundtrue and the sony mdr-1r are at the same price which one will be better?.
I don't access to try these ones and I know they are not the latest models but now they are cheaper and definitely I will get one of them. 
I've been reading that the bose ones are more comfortable but also found that the sony ones can do the Dynamat mod which looks really tentative, I guess both of them are good to carry around too. 

Dec 6, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #11 of 11
I would go for the bose over the Sony. I don't have that exact headset but I've had 2 of the qc series and just got one of those soundlink around ear bluetooth headphones. Hard to beat their comfort and I like their sound signature 95% of the time. Like always their bass is pretty controlled but can feel one notch under powered on select songs. To be honest most of my listening is top 40 and classic rock and Almost everything sounds great. The highs and mids are great. I was looking at one notch up and newer on your Sony but opted out. I read reviews where it was too bass heavy and durability issues with the hinges. I do love the audio technica m50s. Love their balanced sound, bigger soundstage, and bass. Just the technology isn't there yet. They for have a bluetooth dongle now for the 50x (I have the hard wired one) but the battery life is short. Plus, although you can play the m50 without a amp or dac you shouldn't. It makes a HUGE difference. Just with me going to an iPhone 7 I wanted it all integrated and no more lugging cables, adapters, dac amp combo. If they come out with a bluetooth m50 with 10+ hour battery and built in dac amp I'd buy day one. Given my use I can't spend much one a wireless setup as I use it maybe 6 times a year. Most of my listening is at home on my hifiman he-400 with audioengine dac and schiit valid amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back