Can't decide/advice for audio newbie.
Apr 27, 2013 at 4:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Crayonmuffin

New Head-Fier
I've just recently started exploring better sounding equipment for listening to my music. My friend does a lot of his own music mixing and such and he had a pair of headphones(Don't remember what they were) and I absolutely fell in love with how much better full sized headphones sound. I've been using lower end things my whole life and apparently been missing out.

Not much of a budget. Probably around $120-175 range. I've been suggested by A LOT of people either the Audio Technica ATH M50s or the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros. They'll mainly be used for listening to music on my desktop and pretty heavy use from MP3 devices. It mostly comes down to sound quality for me. The Custom One Pros have more features I like(detachable cable and whatnot) but I hear that that M50s sound overall better. Any advice is appreciated! And any other suggestions are welcome

Apr 27, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #2 of 11
Will you use these at home/mobile? What are you running it off of?

Apr 27, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #4 of 11
80-ohms might be okay, but will sound a bit muted. So I wouldn't see the 250 version as an option. Keep in mind these are really big cans, so good at work, mobile not so good. They are in my top three in comfort, so these do sound like what you want sonically and comfort, but be sure they fit your needs in the real world.

Apr 27, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:
80-ohms might be okay, but will sound a bit muted. So I wouldn't see the 250 version as an option. Keep in mind these are really big cans, so good at work, mobile not so good. They are in my top three in comfort, so these do sound like what you want sonically and comfort, but be sure they fit your needs in the real world.

Think you forgot to mention which headphones you're talking about.

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #9 of 11
I've never seen them in person I didn't realize they were that big o.O I'm getting so flustered now that I actually try to look for good headphones to invest in. So many people throwing suggestions at me and I just don't know.

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #10 of 11
Id suggest the hd25 you can find them used around that price range and use a 650 cable or cable wrap the stock cable to make it more durable. Ive seen the cable wrap kits on ebay

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #11 of 11
I'll look at those as well. I was also thinking possibly the ATH A900x's because I like the design of them. It'd be easier for me to get some faster but I listen to ALL types of music so I'm trying to find something that can play things with great detail but still push out some bass if need be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back