Cans vs plugs
Apr 11, 2007 at 8:04 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by SactoMan101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Creative's higher-end IEM, the Aurvana, actually sounds very good, with sound quality that is better than a stock Shure E2c or the Bose TriPort IE.

this is the first review i've seen of them sounding anything but crap

Apr 11, 2007 at 8:43 AM Post #17 of 23
...How did Twitchy_one manage to type like that?
blink.gif

Apr 11, 2007 at 11:40 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
blink.gif

I was thinking of saying that it wraps the text so you don't need to do anything yourself, then I noticed how long he's been around...

Apr 11, 2007 at 12:03 PM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by vegaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was thinking of saying that it wraps the text so you don't need to do anything yourself, then I noticed how long he's been around...

zomg i've seen it before but i never thought about it. at first i had no idea what u were talking about, but...holy tapdancing christ on a stick that LOL i'm dying!

Apr 11, 2007 at 6:12 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
blink.gif

I thought he was trying out some blank verse! Those internal rhymes are a bit crap tho
wink.gif

Apr 11, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #21 of 23
the only in ear headphone ive found that sounds open and detailed enough to use compared with akg 701 or grado sr-125 is the stax sr-001. they dont block out your surrounding though so aren't real great for travel. but they do sound significantly better than etymotic er-4p and ultimate ears super pro 5.

Apr 12, 2007 at 9:34 AM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by theBigD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the only in ear headphone ive found that sounds open and detailed enough to use compared with akg 701 or grado sr-125 is the stax sr-001. they dont block out your surrounding though so aren't real great for travel. but they do sound significantly better than etymotic er-4p and ultimate ears super pro 5.

are u sure grado sr-125 is more detailed than er-4p? i've heard er-4p and akg k701 achieve similar detail resolution.

Apr 12, 2007 at 12:48 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
plugs for portable, cans for everything else.

i understand what you're saying but I'm just not 100% with you. i've just revived my sennheiser HD25-1's after many years care of sennheiserspares.com, and because of the size of the cans, i find them very portable.

another thing is that i wore them in the hospital today when i picked up my trouble and strife (wife) and i couldn't hear any noise at all. so i was thinking, why do i need noise canceling headphones for?

back to the debate, yes i one of those people who doesn't like shoving plastic into my ears. i have nothing against them, and in terms of sound I'm not going to say whether the equivalent headphones are better or worse, it's just that i prefer full size headphones.

for both home and on the move, the hd25-1's are the best on the market to suit those who need both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back