Cans that faded away
Jul 2, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #31 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What I've often wondered is:

Why do people buy the same headphone 2 or 3 times?

If you liked it why did you sell it? If you didn't like it the first time why buy it again?

I can understand needing the money when in a bind but that doesn't seem to be the reason in most cases.

??

You expect sanity at Head-Fi. I've never done it because I've only sold one headphone. I own over 30. I should sell some, but I can't decide which to sell.
biggrin.gif

One came up for me today that I haven't seen mentioned as much as last year, the Equation RP21. They were FOTM, so a little overblown, but they are nice headphones for what they are.

Jul 2, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #32 of 38
RapPort has 2 Ps.

I think Duggeh sells rose petals to hendrick's Distillery.

Why doesn't anyone discuss Denons anymore?

Jul 2, 2008 at 2:38 AM Post #33 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You expect sanity at Head-Fi. I've never done it because I've only sold one headphone. I own over 30. I should sell some, but I can't decide which to sell.
biggrin.gif

One came up for me today that I haven't seen mentioned as much as last year, the Equation RP21. They were FOTM, so a little overblown, but they are nice headphones for what they are.

Holy crap. I didn't realize that you had so many. I believe we spoke for a short time at a DC meet last spring.

I'm normal...I think. My collection is small and I cycle them evenly...my ideal blend for my tastes.

Jul 2, 2008 at 3:07 AM Post #36 of 38
Quote:

I've also not heard a peep about the AKG K1000s in such a long time. Even if both of them are discontinued, they did have quite a following back when I was just starting.

That's because everyone who has a pair is too busy listening to them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 2, 2008 at 4:29 AM Post #37 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nothing to do with embarressment and everything to do with propriety.

I'd happily tell you good sir cosmopragma, for I know you, trust you, and respect you, but I'm not going to dispense personal imformation of that nature to internet oiks. Respect is something which is earned or merited, its not somethign that people get as stock and might lose. Unless you have a certian degree of raport with an individual, then there are things that you don't inquire about. I wouldnt ask Germania her bra measurement and I don't expect her to ask me about my finances. Should we come to know each other better, like I have done with a great meny people through this hobby, then it would be a different matter. Maybe it is a European thing, but is certianly is something.

To answer the question though, what money? There are a great many pictures of me on head-fi, in fact I'm pretty prolific in posting my image, I don't recall any of them ever featuring me swimming like Scrooge McDuck through a vat of money. If one refers to the fact that I am a student and have a few nice pieces of gear, then its down to working hard, being thrifty, getting good deals, recycling (reselling on) gear to facilitate the next gear and patience. It also has to do with being a student for as long as I've been one which is longer than most and time also, is a facilitator. I've also been lucky enough to have some equipment gifted to me or loaned to me by various individuals who have done me a great honour or service in doing so.

For a really pimp lot of gear in student-fi though, theres Akwok. I could perhaps have been closer to his level of immersion in high end gear, but it would have necessitiated non-purchase of alcohol, and I like the pleasures of the palette at least as much as the pleasures of the ear, so that wasn't going to happen.
wink.gif

I feel a little bad pushing that a bit. I meant it purely in jest, and finances are generally something that we "midwesterners" don't discuss on a normal basis either.

I didn't mean to offend. Please accept my apology.

To stay on topic as well: I just bought a pair of H/K EP 730, which are the altec lansing IM-716 equivalent. That used to be the bees-knees for budget in-ear (at least with a podectomy). I think that has kind of rolled off since they're harder to find now.

Oh well.

Nylan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back