Cans that don't sit on your jaw joint. Grado/Ultrasone an option?
Aug 13, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #16 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you considered custom IEMs?

Yes, I'm also thinking about upgrading from my Ety's, but I'd probably mainly use those at work... what I miss is having a nice rig at my desk at home with cans, which are much more convenient for home use where I tend to be moving around more.

Since my jaw isn't an issue with IEM's I figure I'll just have to spend the time to sort through the noise in the portable forums to try and figure out what I might want to go to (browsing headroom the SE530 seems like the obvious choice, but after head-fi'ing I really don't know what to think. Not sure if I'm ready for customs / UE11 price tag)

Aug 14, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by TaffyGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I'm also thinking about upgrading from my Ety's, but I'd probably mainly use those at work... what I miss is having a nice rig at my desk at home with cans, which are much more convenient for home use where I tend to be moving around more.

Since my jaw isn't an issue with IEM's I figure I'll just have to spend the time to sort through the noise in the portable forums to try and figure out what I might want to go to (browsing headroom the SE530 seems like the obvious choice, but after head-fi'ing I really don't know what to think. Not sure if I'm ready for customs / UE11 price tag)

I think that's a solid plan. Start with a good pair of universals to see if you can get the more robust lows that you seek, understanding that it will probably get even better with customs. But if it doesn't work out with the universals, at least you can sell them pretty easily.

I don't have TMJ, but I do grind my teeth at night and general facial soreness as a result. I can see how must headphones would be difficult to enjoy. Although it occurs to me...maybe the K1000? Again, not cheap, but a possibility?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back