Cans for Rythmic Noise???
Feb 24, 2012 at 7:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

WorldsEndWombat

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone into bands such as Empusae, Converter, Winterkalte, Hysteresis, 5F-X, Suicide Inside here? I found these are the most exciting music play out loud from speakers. However with headphones, they are just too much! With Grados I simply cannot tolerant rythmic noise for more than an hour. I know my settings could be overly bright.
Anyone have such experience? Any dark sounding or laid-back cans you recommend which can playback rythmic noise well without causing much fatigue?

Feb 24, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #2 of 6
Perhaps try the Denon AH-D2000.  A lot less bright with a well defined mid range.  Another headphones to try would be a AKG Q701 and burn it in for a few days.  Some reports have said that the AKG Q701 can be a tad bright right out of the box.

Feb 27, 2012 at 7:52 AM Post #4 of 6
Which Senns?  If you're looking for something non-fatiguing yet non-muddy, the HD-650 is probably exactly what you're looking for.  The Denons and the 70x series tend towards the bright side, which is what you don't want.

Feb 27, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #5 of 6
Tried 595 driven by a dac zero 09 phone jack at friend's place - sounded fuzzy, muddy and unbreakable when playing my fav Converter album, could be amp issue though. I don't know Denons are on the bright side, not from I read so far in the forum though.

Feb 27, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #6 of 6
There's a significant jump in clarity from the 595 to the 650.  There's a good reason why they cost twice as much.  And while the Denons aren't the brightest headphones you can get by any measure, they're still on the bright and potentially fatiguing side in the grand scheme of things.  My D5000 is reasonably bright, and the D2000 and D7000 are supposed to be even brighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back