Cans for ROCK
Mar 8, 2007 at 2:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

wisehybred

New Head-Fier
I want some cans that will frekin knock me out of the chair when I jam to some TOOL. Anyone a fan? I have not seen too many people describe their listening preferences such as mine. I would like some input on other people's experiences listening to hard rock, such as TOOL with types of phones. Im using a Classe CD player with a yamaha RXV-2700 currently.

Mar 8, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #3 of 18
I would definitely recommend a Grado. Start with an SR-60.

Mar 8, 2007 at 2:15 AM Post #5 of 18
If you wanna rock but think you might prefer a more relaxed sound and something really comfortable, Id go with the Sennheiser HD595. If you want something that is more engaging and in your face but dont mind sacrificing some comfort, go with the Grado SR225.

Mar 8, 2007 at 2:17 AM Post #6 of 18
DT990 ftw
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2007 at 2:26 AM Post #9 of 18
No HD580, not for rock. Might be slightly over your budget used, but at least TRY to get an RS-2. Rock + RS-2 = all of my free time gone.

They go $280-$320 used.

Mar 8, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #11 of 18
my advice: get SR-60's from TTVJ for ~$62 shipped.

try them

don't like? grado isn't for you. but seriously, grados are praised like gods here that they dominate rock music.

Mar 8, 2007 at 3:15 AM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by wisehybred /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want some cans that will frekin knock me out of the chair when I jam to some TOOL. Anyone a fan? I have not seen too many people describe their listening preferences such as mine. I would like some input on other people's experiences listening to hard rock, such as TOOL with types of phones. Im using a Classe CD player with a yamaha RXV-2700 currently.

Have you considered an IEM? More bang for the buck and real portable too!

Mar 8, 2007 at 3:39 AM Post #14 of 18
I quite enjoy listening to TOOL on my Senn HD650, and I am a huge fan of the band. Ticks and Leeches is kicking my ***** at the moment, Carey's drumming sounds amazing. Not what I was expecting given the info available on head-fi (not what I was looking for really), but a nice surprise nonetheless.

I know it doesn't line up well with what the others are saying, but it really does sound good to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back