Cans for...Creek obh-11?
Apr 4, 2013 at 3:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Seifer01

Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm new to the whole headphone amp thing, so I'd like some advice from more seasoned head amp listeners :)
I have a Marantz cd 63se, and the what seems to be ubiquitous obh-11... I need a higher ohms can, Sennheiser hd429's don't really cut it... Hi Fi cans shouldn't be 32ohms, 112 decibels lol, far too loud. Any good headphones of around 60 - 250 ohms in the price range of £200? I would appreciate some advice lol

Apr 4, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #2 of 4
wow! Do they still make those? You brought me back to my first head-fi years 
smily_headphones1.gif

What kind of music do you listen to?

Apr 6, 2013 at 8:17 AM Post #3 of 4
Yep they still make them! The infamous (after reading a few things here) obh-11, is still going strong lol.

I listen to rock/alternative, electronic? Are Depeche Mode electronic? and some classical.

I just want to be able to get the volume past 8 O' clock without having to lower the output on my cdp right down. There seems to be a worrying trend for low impedence cans in these days of stinking lousy mp3 players lol. Even the Senn hd 598 at 50ohms and 112 dB is going to be far too loud for my setup I reckon. Do people make Hi Fi cans anymore? lol, ones that don't cost an arm and a leg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back