Cans for bicycling? NOT Ksc-35's.
Aug 2, 2004 at 6:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

marmul

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking for some new headphones to wear while bicycling. I have gone through 2 pairs of Ksc-35's so I am pretty sure I want to stay away from them. They sound awesome in quiet environments but throw a little cross wind in and the crackle (really loud crackel) like they are blown.

I am looking for phones that will allow outside sounds in (car horns, girls whistling) but also need good sound. I listen to mainly rock while riding.

I would also like to stick with the ear clip type setup.

TIA.

Aug 2, 2004 at 6:19 PM Post #2 of 8
Unfortunately, what you're looking for doesn't exist (besides the Kosses which you've had bad experiences with). None of the other clip-ons on the market at or below the KSC-35's price range are worth anywhere near their prices in terms of sound quality (with the possible exception of the KSC-50, which uses very similar drivers to the KSC-35): Those other brands sound no better than the freebie stock Walkman headphones that come bundled with such players.

Aug 2, 2004 at 7:13 PM Post #4 of 8
Eagle, thanks for the input. This is not what I wanted to hear.

Nismo, thanks for your info also. I did forget to mention that I have no neck and a really big melon so those behind the neck sets do not work.

Aug 3, 2004 at 2:09 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by marmul
Eagle, thanks for the input. This is not what I wanted to hear.

Nismo, thanks for your info also. I did forget to mention that I have no neck and a really big melon so those behind the neck sets do not work.

Would you consider ear-bud type headphones? After some experimentation, that style was the only one I was able to find that didn't create outrageous amounts of wind noise, while still letting in some sound.

The accepted standard around here for ear buds seems to be the Senn MX400/500... They might serve you pretty well.

Aug 3, 2004 at 2:15 AM Post #6 of 8
i believe wearing earphones while bicycling is illegal. not 100% sure though.

but if i were you, i wouldn't wear them at all, even if they let in a lot of sound. sounds have saved my life many times i'm sure... and will also alert you to other bicyclists passing you, and that sort of stuff. remember, almost everything on the road is bigger than you if you're just riding a bike.

Aug 3, 2004 at 3:03 AM Post #7 of 8
Becareful! I do about 80 - 100 miles a week on my bike and I wouldn't even think about listening to music while I ride. Don't get me wrong I have tried it, but with the drivers out there it's just too scary for me. Your ears are almost as important as your eyes while on a bicycle. Don't mean to preach. I occasionally get on some busy roads and have had many close calls. Even on backroads listening to music while road cycling is risky. Maybe your situation is different. Becareful and good luck with your search...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back