Cans for < $80?
Jun 6, 2009 at 7:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

koryuuu

New Head-Fier
Ok, first of all, let me just say that I don't like looking at these types of threads, either, but my friend asked me for advice and I don't know who else to turn to! I'm more interested in IEMs, but she wants headphones. I have no reference point AT ALL, so if you guys could point me in some sort of direction, I'd be really thankful. I just don't know where to start reading!

Anyway, as stated in the topic, her budget is <$80. She said she listens to a wide variety of music, but mostly post rock and rnb. Isolation is not too huge a factor, but she doesn't want sound that leaks [so.. I'm assuming closed cans? Sorry. I am a complete noob about this]. She wants TONS of bass. She's using an iPod Classic, I think. The generation before the latest release.

So. I hope that anyone can help me as I'm really at a loss here.

Thanks!

Jun 6, 2009 at 7:24 AM Post #2 of 12
AKG K81dj is under $80 and loads of bass to spare. Not exactly the most comfortable in the world though.

Jun 6, 2009 at 10:39 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by mookowz13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AKG K81dj is under $80 and loads of bass to spare. Not exactly the most comfortable in the world though.

x2 on this, never really tried it but many people said its good. Try some sony headphones, its also bassy.

Jun 6, 2009 at 11:06 AM Post #4 of 12
Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Any others I should look into?

Jun 6, 2009 at 1:51 PM Post #6 of 12
You can beg some people to sell their DT770 Pros for $80.

Jun 6, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #11 of 12
korryu...amazon and ebay r a guiding light for u...it took me about 4 months of reading and hitting up all the forums..before i found my ad700's..i seem very pleased with them....there is alot of gear for sale on headfi also..just check all the time for any good deals they r everywhere...there's a group of good people on this site

Jun 7, 2009 at 8:32 PM Post #12 of 12
Thanks, guys, for the suggestions
smily_headphones1.gif
I will look into them for my friend.

@itsjustwood:
As I mentioned, I am not familiar with headphones and I wouldn't know where to start. I much prefer IEMs and most of my knowledge about audio gear revolves around IEMs. [I even told my friend that if she were looking for IEMs, I'd probably recommend the V moda vibes or the NuForce NE-7M or maybe even the Creative EP-630, etc etc. Random 'phones from the top of my head.]

So, I posted this thread just to have an idea about what to read up on. I can't just randomly pick a phone from a certain price range. =/ I don't know their sound signatures at all. So um yeah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back