Cans, Buds or IEMs?
Sep 17, 2007 at 11:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

NeObliviscaris

Niiice!
Previously known as FeedMeTrance
Just curious to see what people use WHEN THEY ARE ON THE MOVE. That is, when you are walking to school, college work, public transport etc.

I am an avid IEM person, being a fashion concious guy, the whole idea of cans doesn't do it for me!

What are you?

Sep 17, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #2 of 15
I've never really had a problem with cans in public, but I'd never wear the more expensive stuff out. For all intents and purposes it'd have to be IEM's all the way for out and about type stuff.

Sep 17, 2007 at 11:26 PM Post #3 of 15
I use buds (Yuin Pk2 and Pk1) when I'm out of the house now. Also have a pair of JBL 220 still around. Had a pair of E2c and found that I didn't really the isolation. I need to get a pair IEMs for traveling and the gym, though.

Sep 18, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #6 of 15
Usually my E500's. But sometimes my SR80's if I don't need any isolation. But when I'm on my way to work and back (on the train)....definitely the IEM's.

Sep 18, 2007 at 3:25 AM Post #7 of 15
When I'm walking around on campus I always use iems and if i don't need isolation I just use whatever buds I find laying around.

Sep 18, 2007 at 4:03 AM Post #8 of 15
I'm not fond of any IEM's, buds, or any tiny earphones but I will use them if I go out. Other than that, it's all full size cans for me. I'm just not into in ear phones. It's just personal preference I guess.

Sep 18, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #9 of 15
IEMs, because I've tried taking even a well-isolating Beyer DT770 out and about and I have to turn the volume wayy up to be able to hear. With IEMs I can't even hear the light rail's horn or screeching brakes that I use to commute to school and work. It's very nice that way.

Sep 18, 2007 at 4:18 AM Post #10 of 15
IEM's.

Mainly because where i live, you dont want to be showing off things that are or look expensive, i'ts safe in many places but sometimes you are targeted in a safe place, they follow you and await for the moment, the rest is history...
frown.gif

Damn corrupt authorities!
BTW i live in México, and chances of getting them stolen are not sky high, but are definitively way way higher than yours.

Sep 18, 2007 at 4:33 AM Post #11 of 15
I'll wear either my KSC-75's or ER-4P's depending on how noisy the environment is. Bus ride = ER-4P. Walking to class = KSC-75

Sep 18, 2007 at 7:33 AM Post #12 of 15
IEM's, because they provide excellent isolation.

Sep 18, 2007 at 8:39 AM Post #13 of 15
for me, IEM

Sep 18, 2007 at 9:28 AM Post #14 of 15
its always been IEM's first for me, im mainly on the move and need isolation,small size and quality sound with me at all times, some IEM's put out some decent soundstage aswell so some are a very good substitute for full size cans.

Sep 18, 2007 at 9:31 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrrookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IEM's.

Mainly because where i live, you dont want to be showing off things that are or look expensive, i'ts safe in many places but sometimes you are targeted in a safe place, they follow you and await for the moment, the rest is history...
frown.gif

Damn corrupt authorities!
BTW i live in México, and chances of getting them stolen are not sky high, but are definitively way way higher than yours.

crazy, my area is pretty damn ruff aswell but its full of thick people usually that dont realise the IEM's are worth more than the portable source, luckily no1 has attempted to theif off me but they may wonder why i grip my earphones so much when they do
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back