Canon SX110 IS
Oct 1, 2008 at 8:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

StanleyB1

Banned - Shares IP addresses with DC Lee Herandu
I just bought this compact camera in a hurry for my daughter to take on a school trip. It has only just been released I understand, so there isn't much in terms of users feedback on the net. I am waiting for it to be delivered.

Main reason I got it for her are: picture stabilization, good low light capability, face recognition, big LCD screen, small enough to fit in a handbag. I sort of guess that would make it close to fool proof for a female teenager
regular_smile .gif

Anyone else bought one of these? What are your initial impressions?

Oct 2, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #2 of 3
I haven't used it, but I have a couple of other Canon P&Ss. They seem to have the formula down pat, so it should be a fine camera. I strongly suggest you grab some rechargable batts for it though. My A- series with IS starts giving a low battery warning after about 175 shots with standard AAs. The bigger LCDs don't help either. I would teach her how to use all the functions in P mode at least. I get better results by at least setting the white balance and flash output. The cameras also tend to bump up the ISO when left in auto, so I really prefer to lean on the IS and keep it at 80.

Oct 3, 2008 at 4:26 PM Post #3 of 3
Got the camera today and I must say that it crammed with features. The glassware ain't bad either and the LCD screen sure packs a punch for size and clarity even in daylight. I'll play about with it and take some shots to see how they come out in different lighting conditions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back