Canon EOS Beginners’ FAQ
Oct 7, 2006 at 1:45 AM Post #2 of 10
That's very helpful thank you.

Oct 7, 2006 at 3:30 AM Post #4 of 10
Oct 7, 2006 at 4:11 AM Post #5 of 10
That 28-105 is a nice lens, compact and capable. I used one as my main lens for a good while. I hope you enjoy it.

I consider the 28-135 a very worthwhile upgrade - it's terrific what IS does for your ability to handhold shots - but you really pay for it not just in dollars but in size and weight.

Oct 7, 2006 at 2:42 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit
Like Head-Fi, but even more expensive:

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/index.php

I was going to post that link. I love that place almost as much as this place.

I got to check out a Canon 10-22 lens the other day. That's going to be my next lens. I also got see a 70-200 L but the price of that one will keep it out of reach for a while.

BTW, I love IS lenses. I have two and I don't mind the weight of either one. I sometimes wish my 100mm macro lens was IS.
tongue.gif

Oct 7, 2006 at 10:18 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.PD
I sometimes wish my 100mm macro lens was IS.
tongue.gif

Hey Mr.PD, I just returned to the house after coming to my senses. I was driving to Orygun with the intent to steal your 100mm Macro, but then I recalled that you're a conductor - correct? Can you tell me what line you work for, your work schedule/route and if you carry the 100mm with you. I've got a six-shooter and a bandana, but I'll have to rent the horse.
evil_smiley.gif

Really, I once took a cross-country trip with my Uncle who is a truck driver. It drove me insane not being able to pull over and shoot. He kept rambling on about some deadline. Ironically, he had a load of refrigerated Kodak film. How do you deal with it. Ever pull over?

Coming from film cameras, I know nothing about histograms. I found this interesting:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tu...stograms.shtml

I should take delivery of the 350D next week some time.

Oct 8, 2006 at 6:21 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit
Hey Mr.PD, I just returned to the house after coming to my senses. I was driving to Orygun with the intent to steal your 100mm Macro, but then I recalled that you're a conductor - correct? Can you tell me what line you work for, your work schedule/route and if you carry the 100mm with you. I've got a six-shooter and a bandana, but I'll have to rent the horse.
evil_smiley.gif

Really, I once took a cross-country trip with my Uncle who is a truck driver. It drove me insane not being able to pull over and shoot. He kept rambling on about some deadline. Ironically, he had a load of refrigerated Kodak film. How do you deal with it. Ever pull over?

Coming from film cameras, I know nothing about histograms. I found this interesting:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tu...stograms.shtml

I should take delivery of the 350D next week some time.

UPRR, no schedule, and yes I generally take the whole rig with me. We stop often, and sometimes for more than an hour. I'm not sure we would stop for a guy on horse though. Maybe you could blow up a bridge.
tongue.gif
Of course those hour long stops seem to be where there is nothing to photograph, or in the dark.
rolleyes.gif

The great shots are when we are moving, and we can't stop either.

I don't understand histograms either. I never look at mine. I will check out your link and see if I can comprehend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back