Cannibal Ox? WOW
Oct 20, 2007 at 1:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

kwitel

Headphoneus Supremus
This is exactly what ive been looking for, for quite some time now.
This is Hip Hop that can revive your love for the genre, while blowing you away in the process.
You gotta love super tight lyrics over dark, techy beats.

Any other artists that do the dark-elctro-beat thing?

Oct 20, 2007 at 3:46 AM Post #2 of 6
Can Ox is king. If you love the beats, then you love El-P. Check out his solo work, as well as "Company Flow", the group that started the whole El-P/Def Jux phenomenon.
cool.gif

Like you, I just about crapped my pants the first time I heard verse one of "Iron Galaxy". WOW.
580smile.gif

Personally I think Co Flow is better then Can Ox, but I'm probably in the minority there.

Oct 20, 2007 at 6:30 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjhatfield /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can Ox is king. If you love the beats, then you love El-P. Check out his solo work, as well as "Company Flow", the group that started the whole El-P/Def Jux phenomenon.
cool.gif

Like you, I just about crapped my pants the first time I heard verse one of "Iron Galaxy". WOW.
580smile.gif

Personally I think Co Flow is better then Can Ox, but I'm probably in the minority there.

Iron Galaxy is simply one of the tightest all around hip hop tracks I have heard in years.
Is Canniabl Ox one person?
If so, who else is on this track with him?

Oct 22, 2007 at 5:40 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blockman86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Three members:
Vast Aire
Vordul Mega
Cip-One (their DJ)

Thanks.
Have these guys done any solo works?
Im gonna check out Company Flow and El-P.
I love the electronic influenced hip-hop; any other recs?

Oct 22, 2007 at 5:55 PM Post #6 of 6
Check out Cage "Hell's Winter". Also under Def jux. Basically anything under that label is going to be freakin hot. Cage, El P, Cannibal Ox and RJD2 are my favorites.

Oh and check out Dälek "Absence". Seriously dark... although more industrial beats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back