CanJam SoCal 2021 (September 25-26, 2021)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #736 of 949
Are people associated with a sponsor company eligible? In other words, am I eligible?
For the record, if I end up winning the Etymotic EVO - I will waive the winning, and let the next person get it!
Yes. CanJam and Head-Fi officials are not eligible. Specifically, this means @third_eye, @jude, @joe, @AxelCloris, @HF_Ryan and myself. This is because we will be managing the SHaG, conducting the drawing, and announcing the winners. Everybody else, including CanJam volunteers, are eligible.

Actually, I’ve reconsidered. Since exhibitors have a hand in validating SHaG cards, and there is a theoretical chance that exhibitor participation may skew results, I’m rescinding my statement above. Head-Fi and CanJam staff, along with any exhibitor staff are not eligible for the SHaG. Sorry for any confusion on this. :relaxed:

Sep 18, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #738 of 949
You know what Shag means in the UK right?

Yes. :stuck_out_tongue:

When we ran SHaG at CanJam London years ago, we had a single complaint about the name. Everybody else was either amused, or didn't really care.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 5:15 PM Post #739 of 949
Actually, I’ve reconsidered. Since exhibitors have a hand in validating SHaG cards, and there is a theoretical chance that exhibitor participation may skew results, I’m rescinding my statement above. Head-Fi and CanJam staff, along with any exhibitor staff are not eligible for the SHaG. Sorry for any confusion on this. :relaxed:
That sucks - I am NOT attending on behalf of Etymotic, and I am NOT going to spend ANY time at their booth / table :frowning2:
Going and attending as a private person...

Sep 18, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #741 of 949
I'm curious if the LCD-5 will be there.
Not that I could attend, but maybe read some nice impressions

Sep 18, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #742 of 949
That sucks - I am NOT attending on behalf of Etymotic, and I am NOT going to spend ANY time at their booth / table :frowning2:
Going and attending as a private person...

I understand that, but still the affiliation is there, and that sets a stark barrier.

If it helps you any, I can relate. When I was with Cavalli, I got moderated for praising other amps... praising them... because technically those were subjective comments.

Sep 18, 2021 at 11:27 PM Post #744 of 949
I wasn't aware there was an LCD-5, nothing on Audeze website. Do you have any details or a link? Thanks.

Sep 19, 2021 at 2:27 AM Post #745 of 949
Personally, I think all of our seminars this year are going to be amazing, and are worthy of being recorded!

There truly has been an influx of newcomers to personal audio. For them, and for all those that will follow them in time, having a clear and understandable jumpstart in knowledge would immensely valuable.

That said, no, the reason why the Amplification 101 seminar is going to be special is for a completely different reason. :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you medically exempted from PCR tests? 🤣
Hi Warren,
Great to hear from you! I have a blood clotting issue, that requires twice daily injections of a blood thinning medication. Which is all sorts of fun.. more than I want to describe here...
There is an increased chance of clots with the vaccine. My mother had a debilitating stroke around my age due to clotting issues. It's just very risky for me to take something with known blood clotting side effects. I have discussed this with 2 different doctors, my pcp and my hematologist. Neither one has insisted that I take the covid shot, given my situation. So, that means I stay home a lot these days. Thankfully I can work from home.
I miss you guys. Would dearly love some social contact, as I have been hibernating at home for the last 18 months. But circumstances conspire against me. I am a firm believer in medical science; but I happen to be one of those exceptional cases.
My best to you all. Love and good health. -U.

Sep 19, 2021 at 4:10 AM Post #746 of 949
I wasn't aware there was an LCD-5, nothing on Audeze website. Do you have any details or a link? Thanks.

@LoryWiv, @ThanatosVI is talking about something that Audeze sent out in social media a couple of days ago:

Screen Shot 2021-09-19 at 12.14.45 AM.png

Ugh, I can't talk about it. I just, I can't. Can you feel my frustration??? 🤣

So, that means I stay home a lot these days.

@UmustBKidn, I'm not sure you're aware of this... maybe you are... but if you're not, here goes...

It. Will. Not. Be. The. Same. Without. You.

That is all. :slight_frown:

Sep 19, 2021 at 4:54 AM Post #747 of 949
As the homepage says, "yeah baby, yeah!"
I love it. Awesome. Just that attendees might get hopes up for something else.

Hi Warren,
Great to hear from you! I have a blood clotting issue, that requires twice daily injections of a blood thinning medication. Which is all sorts of fun.. more than I want to describe here...
There is an increased chance of clots with the vaccine. My mother had a debilitating stroke around my age due to clotting issues. It's just very risky for me to take something with known blood clotting side effects. I have discussed this with 2 different doctors, my pcp and my hematologist. Neither one has insisted that I take the covid shot, given my situation. So, that means I stay home a lot these days. Thankfully I can work from home.
I miss you guys. Would dearly love some social contact, as I have been hibernating at home for the last 18 months. But circumstances conspire against me. I am a firm believer in medical science; but I happen to be one of those exceptional cases.
Well its over 10 times more chance of a blood clot if someone gets COVID.

Sep 19, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #748 of 949
Official announcement is due for tomorrow.
Still speculation but the picture warren posted Shows several Dates next to the blue dots,(might need to zoom in) those dates were the Release dates of LCD-2 3 and 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back