CanJam SoCal 2021 (September 25-26, 2021)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #631 of 949
Yes, for my utopia. I appreciate your offer, but I wonder how it would work.. I mean many of the amps on the floor will probably work with xlr cable so I probably will keep that cable with me for two whole days..! I was thinking of getting some cheap xlr cable as a backup :)

Essentially, it's a leap of faith, and trust. :relaxed:

Since your Head-Fi join date predates my own, you can probably remember a time when Head-Fi was a much tighter-knit community. I'm willing to bet that, when you first joined, many of the threads you read back then felt more like personal conversations between friends. It was certainly like that when I first started posting.

Anyway, shortly after I first started posting here, veteran Head-Fiers would offer to ship me headphones to audition. They were very kind to me, in taking chances with their gear, so that I could build up my listening experience. I haven't forgotten that, and am now in a position to pay it forward.

I'll understand if you don't want to be responsible for the cable. But my offer stands. All you'd have to do is return it to me before you leave the show. If I'm not easily locatable at that time, you can leave it with somebody at the registration table, letting them know that it's for me.

Sep 13, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #632 of 949
Essentially, it's a leap of faith, and trust. :relaxed:

Since your Head-Fi join date predates my own, you can probably remember a time when Head-Fi was a much tighter-knit community. I'm willing to bet that, when you first joined, many of the threads you read back then felt more like personal conversations between friends. It was certainly like that when I first started posting.

Anyway, shortly after I first started posting here, veteran Head-Fiers would offer to ship me headphones to audition. They were very kind to me, in taking chances with their gear, so that I could build up my listening experience. I haven't forgotten that, and am now in a position to pay it forward.

I'll understand if you don't want to be responsible for the cable. But my offer stands. All you'd have to do is return it to me before you leave the show. If I'm not easily locatable at that time, you can leave it with somebody at the registration table, letting them know that it's for me.
Wow! I'm moved by what you said. Even though I registered quite a long time ago, I wasn't particularly active until recently (going in & out of the hobby and in general just shying away from posting in public). But my interactions with folks here all have been pretty amazing, and this is one of those moments. Thank you for making canjam possible this year, and thank you for making this community an awesome place.

I'll PM you about the logistics!

Sep 13, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #634 of 949
Hi folks,

@MusicTeck and @UniqueMelody are kindly sending me some demo units to be at the show with.

I will have along with me the...
  1. Sendy Audio Peacock
  2. Luxury Precision P6 Pro
  3. Unique Melody MEST MKII 4.4mm
Please let me know if you would like to try any of these units out and we can arrange a listening session somewhere onsite!

If there's anything from iFi you would like to try, headphones.com's booth will have the majority of our stuff - anything specific I would be happy to see what I can do on a case-by-case basis.

Rosson Audio and our RAD 0 will be there as well, with Rupert Neve, and you will be generally able to find me between both booths, or enjoying the show on my own!

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #635 of 949
Waiting on the preview video?

Sep 13, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #636 of 949
Wow! I'm moved by what you said. Even though I registered quite a long time ago, I wasn't particularly active until recently (going in & out of the hobby and in general just shying away from posting in public). But my interactions with folks here all have been pretty amazing, and this is one of those moments.

Some of my favorite people in the world, truly quality human beings, I have met through Head-Fi! :smiley:

Thank you for making canjam possible this year, and thank you for making this community an awesome place.

That's definitely for @third_eye! :relaxed: He's da man behind CanJam, and works tirelessly to make it as good as it is.

Waiting on the preview video?

It's gonna be so good, as always! :relaxed:

Sep 13, 2021 at 6:53 PM Post #637 of 949
For those coming earlier in the week to OC, there's 2 big events going on of interest.

Cinegear LA - 24th, 25th expo

For anyone who wants to see, feel, and test out all the major A/V and lighting gear used by Hollywood, including wireless set headphones, monitors, and mics, Cinegear LA Expo is free and open 24th and 25th.

HB US open surf competition all week

Also, the huge, famous Huntington Beach US open surf competition is being held all week long. Bring a long zoom camera to get great shots of the world's best surfers!

Sep 13, 2021 at 10:45 PM Post #640 of 949
12 more days y'all!
original.jpeg

Sep 14, 2021 at 1:12 AM Post #642 of 949
****Redacted***** Family decided I couldn’t have all the fun and it’s now a Disney/can jam weekend

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2021 at 1:15 AM Post #643 of 949
If Anyone heading up from San Diego for Saturday, I'm considering a ride share and could take a few others with good space between everyone. And... I don't know how to address COVID delicately, so think I'll have to request only vaccinated and masked during drive just to be clear up front, but send me a PM if interested!
I'm coming from San Diego but I'm heading up a day earlier for Disneyland

Sep 14, 2021 at 1:17 AM Post #644 of 949
I'm coming from San Diego but I'm heading up a day earlier for Disneyland
I thought about setting this up with fam, but couldn't make me being gone all day Sat make sense lol!

Sep 14, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #645 of 949
If Anyone heading up from San Diego for Saturday, I'm considering a ride share and could take a few others with good space between everyone. And... I don't know how to address COVID delicately, so think I'll have to request only vaccinated and masked during drive just to be clear up front, but send me a PM if interested!
Nhk reports simulations that show windows down a crack to allow fresh air flow in significantly reduces covid circulation within the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back