CanJam SoCal 2021 (September 25-26, 2021)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 9, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #616 of 949
You make a great point about the food at the Marriot. I don't want to trash them too hard (I have done events with them before) but in my experience Marriot as a corporate entity never, ever prioritizes quality food. Also I find that good music & beverages help with the digestion, even if the food is substandard. My wife would look at me sideways if I wore my headphones at the table. Would you guys look at me funny if we went out to eat after CanJam and I refused to remove my HD6XX?
And for those with Elite status or other access to the lounge, it will be closed. It was great to grab breakfast and then beverages throughout the day.

Sep 9, 2021 at 9:08 PM Post #617 of 949
And for those with Elite status or other access to the lounge, it will be closed. It was great to grab breakfast and then beverages throughout the day.

BTW, that lounge is one of the few I've come across, that carries St. George Botanivore, which is my gin of choice even over Monkey 47. :relaxed:

Sep 10, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #618 of 949
Will you have actual inventory of these on-hand for purchase? I can imagine that a lot of people would be interested in purchasing more as their samples run out.
We will have 400 packs to give out, each pack has 10 individually wrapped wipes. I won't be selling them as they are a promotional only item.

There will be limited quantities of our Headphone Hero/Savior carry cases for sale.

Dekoni Audio Stay updated on Dekoni Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dekoni Audio @dekoniaudio http://www.dekoniaudio.com sales@dekoniaudio.com
Sep 10, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #619 of 949
Sep 10, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #620 of 949
We will have 400 packs to give out, each pack has 10 individually wrapped wipes. I won't be selling them as they are a promotional only item.

8Iv5lqKwKsZ2g.gif

Sep 11, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #621 of 949
It'd be my first time at a canjam! Flight, hotel, car all booked and ready! I'm stoked!

I have a few questions:
1. What's the best way to bring my own music for auditioning? I have spotify, tidal and apple music, and I do NOT keep my own copies of lossless flies. Spotify doesn't even have lossless, so I guess it's really tidal and apple. Should I save them to my phone? Should I save them to my laptop and bring the laptop?
2. What accessories to bring? Adapters? Power chord? External batteries? I'd like to audition headphones, amps, DACs, what have you!
3. Do people just plug their own headphones into the demo system? Do people plug demo gear into their own system? Is it even convenient to do that..?
4. How long do people get to demo a gear? Any courtesy around this?

I'll probably bring my utopia and hugo2 as my portable reference system. Thinking of which, I should get an XLR cable..

Sep 11, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #622 of 949
It'd be my first time at a canjam! Flight, hotel, car all booked and ready! I'm stoked!

Gonna be such a good time for you! I still remember my first vividly... it was like headphone camp! :smiley:

1. What's the best way to bring my own music for auditioning? I have spotify, tidal and apple music, and I do NOT keep my own copies of lossless flies. Spotify doesn't even have lossless, so I guess it's really tidal and apple. Should I save them to my phone? Should I save them to my laptop and bring the laptop?

I would imagine that most exhibitors will have Qobuz and Tidal on tap, as well as a selection of local files. You are, of course, welcome to use your own sources (DAP, phone, and the like) and thus use your own streaming service(s). I would not bring a laptop down to the show floor, no.

2. What accessories to bring? Adapters? Power chord? External batteries? I'd like to audition headphones, amps, DACs, what have you!

I think you'll find that exhibitors are generally fully stocked with commonly-used adapters, but any specific adapters and power banks are always a good idea. To avoid walking around with a heavy load, I'd generally leave things in your hotel room, and fetching them as needed.

3. Do people just plug their own headphones into the demo system? Do people plug demo gear into their own system? Is it even convenient to do that..?

Generally, each exhibit will furnish full listening rigs as a convenience. That said, amplifier (and sometimes DAC) manufacturers are happy to let you plug in your own headphones and IEMs. Conversely, headphone and IEM manufacturers are also happy to let you use your portable source. Don't bring a full desktop rig to the show floor though, that's just not gonna happen. :stuck_out_tongue:

4. How long do people get to demo a gear? Any courtesy around this?

For the most part, there is no absolute time limit. On occasion, there are special events - like when Sennheiser offers HE 1 auditions by appointment - and those auditions were limited to 15 minutes each. I would simply suggest being aware and considerate of others who might waiting for a spot. :relaxed:

I'll probably bring my utopia and hugo2 as my portable reference system. Thinking of which, I should get an XLR cable..

That'd be a great portable rig! As for the XLR cable (for your Utopia I presume), you might want to wait for the show. I know there are multiple cable manufacturers there, and I would imagine that most - if not all - of them will be offering show specials.

Sep 11, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #623 of 949
Gonna be such a good time for you! I still remember my first vividly... it was like headphone camp! :smiley:

I would imagine that most exhibitors will have Qobuz and Tidal on tap, as well as a selection of local files. You are, of course, welcome to use your own sources (DAP, phone, and the like) and thus use your own streaming service(s). I would not bring a laptop down to the show floor, no.

I think you'll find that exhibitors are generally fully stocked with commonly-used adapters, but any specific adapters and power banks are always a good idea. To avoid walking around with a heavy load, I'd generally leave things in your hotel room, and fetching them as needed.

Generally, each exhibit will furnish full listening rigs as a convenience. That said, amplifier (and sometimes DAC) manufacturers are happy to let you plug in your own headphones and IEMs. Conversely, headphone and IEM manufacturers are also happy to let you use your portable source. Don't bring a full desktop rig to the show floor though, that's just not gonna happen. :stuck_out_tongue:

For the most part, there is no absolute time limit. On occasion, there are special events - like when Sennheiser offers HE 1 auditions by appointment - and those auditions were limited to 15 minutes each. I would simply suggest being aware and considerate of others who might waiting for a spot. :relaxed:

That'd be a great portable rig! As for the XLR cable (for your Utopia I presume), you might want to wait for the show. I know there are multiple cable manufacturers there, and I would imagine that most - if not all - of them will be offering show specials.
Thank you so much! Excellent points! I haven’t even considered cable manufacturers would be there, but now that you said it, it’s so obvious, duh…

Sep 11, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #624 of 949
I’ll def be bringing a backpack with any potentially needed accessories! Don’t wanna waste time fetching things from my room when you only have two days!

Sep 11, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #625 of 949
BTW, that lounge is one of the few I've come across, that carries St. George Botanivore, which is my gin of choice even over Monkey 47. :relaxed:
I bought a bottle of St George Botanivore to serve my groomsmen at my wedding

Sep 12, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #626 of 949
I’ll def be bringing a backpack with any potentially needed accessories! Don’t wanna waste time fetching things from my room when you only have two days!
I use one of my small camera bags to keep my DAP and IEMs in, along with a snack and some beverages (water, soda and whisky are recommended). That I can stay downstairs for a couple of hours. But it's a quick trip back to the room at the Irvine Marriott, less than 5 minutes, if you need to get something or just take a quick break. Your ears will need a rest a couple of times through the day.

Sep 12, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #627 of 949
I use one of my small camera bags to keep my DAP and IEMs in, along with a snack and some beverages (water, soda and whisky are recommended). That I can stay downstairs for a couple of hours. But it's a quick trip back to the room at the Irvine Marriott, less than 5 minutes, if you need to get something or just take a quick break. Your ears will need a rest a couple of times through the day.
<$1 foam earplugs. Or NC cans to rest the ears on the floor.

Sep 12, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #629 of 949
Thank you so much! Excellent points! I haven’t even considered cable manufacturers would be there, but now that you said it, it’s so obvious, duh…

You're looking for an XLR cable for your Utopia right? If so, I can try to bring one for you to try out.

I bought a bottle of St George Botanivore to serve my groomsmen at my wedding

Lucky them! :smiley:

I used to bring everything under the sun. I've since learned that it's much easier getting a room on a low floor (to avoid elevator congestion), and to view inconveniences as convenient breaks.

<$1 foam earplugs. Or NC cans to rest the ears on the floor.

You'll never hear me sneaking up behind you! 🥷

Good tips. Or just step outside and enjoy the sun for a bit!

But that would constitute time away from the show floor right? 🤣

Sep 12, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #630 of 949
You're looking for an XLR cable for your Utopia right? If so, I can try to bring one for you to try out.
Yes, for my utopia. I appreciate your offer, but I wonder how it would work.. I mean many of the amps on the floor will probably work with xlr cable so I probably will keep that cable with me for two whole days..! I was thinking of getting some cheap xlr cable as a backup :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back