CanJam SoCal 2021 (September 25-26, 2021)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 23, 2021 at 6:14 PM Post #496 of 949
I thought you never leave NY, sup Alex? 😉

True that, I can only tolerate East Coast and already counting days before NYC CanJam. Was just surprised AXPONA pulled the plug 2 months ahead of time. Let's keep our fingers crossed for SoCal, I know quite a few manufacturers were looking forward to showcase new goodies.

Aug 23, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #497 of 949
True that, I can only tolerate East Coast and already counting days before NYC CanJam. Was just surprised AXPONA pulled the plug 2 months ahead of time. Let's keep our fingers crossed for SoCal, I know quite a few manufacturers were looking forward to showcase new goodies.

Nothing is closed down, since the mask mandate went away, most places just followed the state guidelines. Plenty of people, mainly the majority are wearing masks, at least that's what I see. So people coming should be just fine, unless the recall doesn't happen and Newsome decides to enact something again, I don't trust him as far as I can throw him.

Aug 23, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #498 of 949
Agreed, but I prefer that over canceling CanJam... So it is the lesser evil in this case!
Agree, CanJam is still a go. Probably should have name tags since we won't recognize each other, except we all recognize @Watagump since he'll probably be walking around asking "Would you like some candy?" :laughing:
Hmm, just saw the announcement that AXPONA show in October got canceled...
Just saw that in my email. Bummer indeed. Time to rebook the hotel again.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #499 of 949
Hmm, just saw the announcement that AXPONA show in October got canceled...

Perhaps Illinois where the show is located is having trouble containing covid. I plan to be at canjam since I volunteered to help out on Sunday, but I’m keeping a very close eye on the situation.

Aug 23, 2021 at 10:54 PM Post #500 of 949
we all recognize @Watagump since he'll probably be walking around asking "Would you like some candy?" :laughing:
Not the first time I am writing:
My mom has always warned me about men like @Watagump :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Aug 24, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #506 of 949
At one of my first CanJams, I sat down to audition some gear, and inevitably struck up a conversation with the dude sitting next to me. We had a lot in common, and seemed to get along well. It wasn't until quite some time later that we mentioned our Head-Fi usernames, and thus realized we'd been chatting online for years.

Aug 27, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #507 of 949
I agree and this might be a no go for me still haven’t decided yet but walking around for 2 days with a mask on doesn’t sound like a good time to me.

Aug 27, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #508 of 949
I agree and this might be a no go for me still haven’t decided yet but walking around for 2 days with a mask on doesn’t sound like a good time to me.
But you'll see me!
Well, maybe not a compelling reason...

But you'll get to hang out with us, and all the great gear that begs to be auditioned, and no masks during lunch/dinner/drinks so we can socialize after the show.
Obviously, do whatever works for you my friend, but I hope a piece of fabric not gonna prevent you from coming...

Aug 27, 2021 at 6:11 PM Post #509 of 949
Obviously, do whatever works for you my friend, but I hope a piece of fabric not gonna prevent you from coming...
I've kind of got used to wearing a mask while shopping, but my wife still hates it. For me, the joys of CanJam outweigh the discomfort of wearing a mask, but YMMV, of course.

Aug 27, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #510 of 949
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back