CanJam SoCal 2021 (September 25-26, 2021)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 17, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #468 of 949
I read once you go custom you never go back. Also read the Unique Melody Universal MEST is outstanding. But I doubt that will be at the show. Don't want to buy another iem without trying them & want to get a perfect fit for noise isolation. Shure 846 has isolation but is long in the tooth.

Aug 17, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #470 of 949
I read once you go custom you never go back. Also read the Unique Melody Universal MEST is outstanding. But I doubt that will be at the show. Don't want to buy another iem without trying them & want to get a perfect fit for noise isolation. Shure 846 has isolation but is long in the tooth.

I preached customs for a very long time, I still do think they can be better, but, once you find the right tips, the universals can sound just as good. The up side to a universal is on the selling side. If you decide to get something new, they are easier to sell and worth more. A customs only value is in the internal parts.

Aug 17, 2021 at 5:11 PM Post #471 of 949
I preached customs for a very long time, I still do think they can be better, but, once you find the right tips, the universals can sound just as good. The up side to a universal is on the selling side. If you decide to get something new, they are easier to sell and worth more. A customs only value is in the internal parts.
I have to agree with @Watagump, I had custom CIEMs made a couple of years ago, but (to my surprise) my ear canal has changed significantly enough over time that those same customs no longer fit my well (it hurts when I wear them now). You could argue, these customs were made wrongly, but I had 2 different ear impressions taken and 3 different customs made, all having the same issue. I have since re-fitted the customs and made them universals.

Aug 17, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #472 of 949
I have to agree with @Watagump, I had custom CIEMs made a couple of years ago, but (to my surprise) my ear canal has changed significantly enough over time that those same customs no longer fit my well (it hurts when I wear them now). You could argue, these customs were made wrongly, but I had 2 different ear impressions taken and 3 different customs made, all having the same issue. I have since re-fitted the customs and made them universals.

I am still a fan of customs, depending on who is doing them, you can get some amazing looking pieces. My set it still the only set in the world that was done using the faceplate material they used. But not only have I moved on, it wasn't because of anything wrong with them or my ears. I am just using something that's a different sound that I like better. Both have their pros and cons.

Aug 17, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #474 of 949
I am still a fan of customs, depending on who is doing them, you can get some amazing looking pieces. My set it still the only set in the world that was done using the faceplate material they used.
Well... that is because no one else wanted faceplates made of licorice! :laughing:

Aug 17, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #475 of 949
Well... that is because no one else wanted faceplates made of licorice! :laughing:

You are getting confused in your old age gramps, it is blue reef coral, that didn't look blue when it was done. They think the heat cutting it caused the color change, it looks black and white.

IMG_4430.jpg

Eric Bardu 4-1.jpg

Aug 18, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #477 of 949
We've deleted some posts that contained at least one member's risk analysis, medical suggestions, etc. (as well as some posts in response to those posts). With the preponderance of information about COVID-19 statistics, vaccines, masking, etc. available to all, we suggest all of you look at as much information as you can to come to a decision on whether or not to attend. We do not think this thread is the appropriate place, for example, to recommend which vaccine to get.

We understand everyone's concerns regarding COVID-19, given that this is an in-person event. Again, we are in regular contact with the event venue, and we are continuing to monitor the COVID-19 situation carefully.

Please read this quoted post (below) in its entirety:

CanJam SoCal Covid Update:

We are looking forward to seeing everyone at CanJam SoCal 2021 in September! As we move closer to our event dates on September 25-26, we are continuing to monitor the COVID-19 situation carefully and are in regular contact with the event venue.

For those staying at the the Irvine Marriott, the hotel has implemented a number of new protocols and elevated practices, in response to COVID-19, and has made some adjustments to the services, amenities, and facilities available to guests. For more detailed information, please visit: https://whattoexpect.marriott.com/laxir.

CanJam will institute the following safety protocols for the event:
  • We will create more space between booths, along with wider aisles, in order to reduce congestion and facilitate social distancing.
  • Hand sanitizers will be placed on every table and at the Registration Desk.
  • We will be asking non-vaccinated attendees to wear masks at all times.
Please note that these guidelines are subject to change, as we will continue to monitor and comply with the applicable laws and regulations. We will posting further updates as we lead up to the event.

We look forward to a fantastic, and safe, CanJam SoCal 2021!

Please note that these guidelines are subject to change, as we will continue to monitor and comply with the applicable laws and regulations.

We will be posting further updates as we lead up to the event.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #478 of 949
We've deleted some posts that contained at least one member's risk analysis, medical suggestions, etc. (as well as some posts in response to those posts). With the preponderance of information about COVID-19 statistics, vaccines, masking, etc. available to all, we suggest all of you look at as much information as you can to come to a decision on whether or not to attend. We do not think this thread is the appropriate place, for example, to recommend which vaccine to get.

We understand everyone's concerns regarding COVID-19, given that this an in-person event. Again, we are in regular contact with the event venue, and we are continuing to monitor the COVID-19 situation carefully.

Please read this quoted post (below) in its entirety:

Please note that these guidelines are subject to change, as we will continue to monitor and comply with the applicable laws and regulations.

We will be posting further updates as we lead up to the event.
Thank you so much for the update and latest information regarding safety standards, guidelines and protocols. We look forward to seeing every one again this year!

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Aug 18, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #479 of 949
Thank you so much for the update and latest information regarding safety standards, guidelines and protocols. We look forward to seeing every one again this year!
+1 to that. It's good to see that audio shows are coming back and it will be great to see everyone again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back