CanJam SoCal 2021 (September 25-26, 2021)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 10, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #451 of 949
As for CanJam special editions, I haven't seen any in the few CanJams I've attended.
Grado had a special model for CanJam. Sounded pretty good and was priced very competitively. I should have got one...
I cannot recall anyone else with a CanJam special model, though.

Aug 10, 2021 at 11:11 PM Post #452 of 949
A few vendors may have limited stock, such as Campfire Audio and Focal. But most take orders to fill via shipping post CanJam, and most vendors also have a show discount. As for CanJam special editions, I haven't seen any in the few CanJams I've attended.

I always did my best to make sure Noble had some stock at the show. Its a powerful way to sell products, the show discount and you can walk out the door with them.

Since I am volunteering on Saturday, I think my job should be the official SoCal CanJam Ambassador. Which means I just have to walk around and talk to people and take pictures. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 12, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #453 of 949
CanJam SoCal Covid Update:

We are looking forward to seeing everyone at CanJam SoCal 2021 in September! As we move closer to our event dates on September 25-26, we are continuing to monitor the COVID-19 situation carefully and are in regular contact with the event venue.

For those staying at the the Irvine Marriott, the hotel has implemented a number of new protocols and elevated practices, in response to COVID-19, and has made some adjustments to the services, amenities, and facilities available to guests. For more detailed information, please visit: https://whattoexpect.marriott.com/laxir.

CanJam will institute the following safety protocols for the event:
  • We will create more space between booths, along with wider aisles, in order to reduce congestion and facilitate social distancing.
  • Hand sanitizers will be placed on every table and at the Registration Desk.
  • We will be asking non-vaccinated attendees to wear masks at all times.
Please note that these guidelines are subject to change, as we will continue to monitor and comply with the applicable laws and regulations. We will posting further updates as we lead up to the event.

We look forward to a fantastic, and safe, CanJam SoCal 2021!

Aug 13, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #455 of 949
Looking forward to this. Hoping to demo some Wells Audio products, like the new Dragon.

Aug 16, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #458 of 949
Excuse me guys. I have never been to a canjam. Will Headphones.com have all the inears on their website to demo. Should I contact them to see what they will be bringing.
It seems improbable that they'll have every model in their inventory on hand for demos. From what I see their website has 43 entries in the in-ear category. Like Odin mentioned above, you should reach out to them to see if they're going to have specific models you're looking to try.

Aug 16, 2021 at 9:55 PM Post #460 of 949
Excuse me guys. I have never been to a canjam. Will Headphones.com have all the inears on their website to demo. Should I contact them to see what they will be bringing.
In addition to the other advice provided thus far, I would recommend looking at the exhibitors and deciding what items you want to demo and make a list to have with you. That way you can keep notes and make sure you listen to the gear you definitely want to hear, assuming it's at the show. You'll be surprised how quickly the day goes by.

Also, take time to listen to some high end gear to gain an appreciation, there are many items I'll demo for the experience and building my knowledge, even though I'll never purchase them.

Also, manufacturers such as Campfire, EE, JH Audio, 64 Audio, ZMF and Focal will typically have their full, current line-up at their booths.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2021 at 10:55 PM Post #461 of 949
Also, take time to listen to some high end gear to gain an appreciation, there are many items I'll demo for the experience and building my knowledge, even though I'll never purchase them.
During my 1st CanJam (in 2016) I auditioned quite a few items "I will never buy".
5 years later, I own several of those...
"Never say never" comes to mind :laughing:

Aug 17, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #464 of 949
You are in DC, you already know how easy it is for people to spend other peoples money. 😉
Aren’t you from California? Mr Pot, meet Mr Kettle :)

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #465 of 949
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back