CanJam SoCal 2021 (September 25-26, 2021)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2021 at 8:21 PM Post #196 of 949
Reserved my room. Not sure if I'm going to be healthy enough to go by then but fingers crossed. I may not be active much on here these days, but I do love a good Canjam!

May 26, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #197 of 949
Reserved my room. Not sure if I'm going to be healthy enough to go by then but fingers crossed. I may not be active much on here these days, but I do love a good Canjam!
Hope to see you there - been a while my friend! :wink:

May 27, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #200 of 949
It looks like The Home Entertainment show is going forward in Long Beach in a couple of weeks, so things are looking pretty good for CanJam in September. Hope to see everyone there - it will be good to finally be able to attend an audio show in person again!
Could not agree with you more!
Looking forward to Can Jam So CA!

May 28, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #201 of 949
The place I get my hair cut it getting rid of masks on June 15th, which is the same day the state mandate expires. That means nothing really because places can make their own rules, but it is a positive sign that maybe more will go along.

May 30, 2021 at 1:05 AM Post #202 of 949
Is there any news about events you need to register for? Want to make sure I get my sweet time with the HE-1 if Sennheiser's bringing it :wink:

Jun 5, 2021 at 8:53 PM Post #204 of 949
Have the Hotel booked and the Cali Gov says he is not lifting the state of emergency as planned so getting a bit worried.

Jun 5, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #205 of 949
Have the Hotel booked and the Cali Gov says he is not lifting the state of emergency as planned so getting a bit worried.

He's not lifting the state of emergency for different reasons, as it gives him a wider range of powers to exercise, and it has implications on unemployment payments and such.

The state is still planning on lifting restrictions on June 15th. My concern is that it will be too early, and people will make bad decisions which cause a resurgence of the virus, especially with the India variant recently shown to have effectiveness issues with the Pfizer vaccine.

But fingers are crossed, and I'll be going if (when!) its happening. I haven't had a chance to look through the thread, how are things looking for non local vendors?

Jun 7, 2021 at 6:59 PM Post #206 of 949
He's not lifting the state of emergency for different reasons, as it gives him a wider range of powers to exercise, and it has implications on unemployment payments and such.

The state is still planning on lifting restrictions on June 15th. My concern is that it will be too early, and people will make bad decisions which cause a resurgence of the virus, especially with the India variant recently shown to have effectiveness issues with the Pfizer vaccine.

But fingers are crossed, and I'll be going if (when!) its happening. I haven't had a chance to look through the thread, how are things looking for non local vendors?
I sure hope it goes off and don’t have to go around in a mask. People make bad decisions all the time and just about anyone that has wanted the vaccine has had a chance to get it here in the states.

Jun 7, 2021 at 11:50 PM Post #207 of 949
I sure hope it goes off and don’t have to go around in a mask. People make bad decisions all the time and just about anyone that has wanted the vaccine has had a chance to get it here in the states.

At least if we have to wear masks they won't cover our ears! I'll be bringing my own little bottle of hand sanitizer. Perhaps we can wear name tags to identify each other. "Hi - You know me on Head fi!"

Jun 8, 2021 at 1:43 AM Post #208 of 949
At least if we have to wear masks they won't cover our ears! I'll be bringing my own little bottle of hand sanitizer. Perhaps we can wear name tags to identify each other. "Hi - You know me on Head fi!"
We all get name tags but they don't have our Head-fi names on them. I tend to write mine on with Sharpie when I get it.

Funny thing is, a lot of folks we recognize by the avatar picture more than the name. You don't realize that until you're there seeing the names without the pics. lol

Jun 8, 2021 at 7:21 AM Post #209 of 949
We all get name tags but they don't have our Head-fi names on them. I tend to write mine on with Sharpie when I get it.

Funny thing is, a lot of folks we recognize by the avatar picture more than the name. You don't realize that until you're there seeing the names without the pics. lol
Actually, some time back, we switched to wristbands. It vastly speeds up getting into CanJam, letting you maximize your listening time.

Jun 8, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #210 of 949
Actually, some time back, we switched to wristbands. It vastly speeds up getting into CanJam, letting you maximize your listening time.

Jeez, miss one year of Canjams and look what happens! lol Well then, guess I'll have to bring a packet of "Hello, my name is" stickers and a Sharpie!

Maybe I'll bring my trophy necklace too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back