CanJam SoCal 2021 (September 25-26, 2021)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2020 at 12:12 AM Post #91 of 949
That's correct. I find it quite convenient as you don't have to schedule with an audiologist that knows about impressions for CIEMs, and you don't have to worry about sending your impressions to the IEM company. Plus the folks working for the IEM companies know how to take impressions extremely well and know exactly what they need for their process. Then if you want to order another set of CIEMs from the same company, they already have your impressions. I will add, that for CIEMs, it useful to research ahead of time how you want the design.
I can add that after mild peer pressure from @NovaFlyer (I am weak... no need for much pressure...) - I ended up ordering custom Bravados as well :)
Super happy with them! Those are my 2nd CIEMs, and unlike the first pair (from a different company) - I did NOT need to send them back for fine tuning!! Austin from EE has done an amazing job with taking my ear impressions. I would take my hat off for him (if I had a hat on :wink:).

Jul 31, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #93 of 949
I can add that after mild peer pressure from @NovaFlyer (I am weak... no need for much pressure...) - I ended up ordering custom Bravados as well :)
Super happy with them! Those are my 2nd CIEMs, and unlike the first pair (from a different company) - I did NOT need to send them back for fine tuning!! Austin from EE has done an amazing job with taking my ear impressions. I would take my hat off for him (if I had a hat on :wink:).

Quid pro quo my friend. As I finally bought some high-end cans, the ZFM Vérité after mild influence from you and @buke9 ...looking forward to their arrival. Which one of us will be the first to buy another EE IEM?

I'll add that @ajyagle did a great job with the impressions last year at SoCal.

Here's to hoping that we can all attend SoCal in Dec!!!! I'm starting to keep an eye on flights now. :airplane:

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #94 of 949
And once again, I'll be stuck on an OR table having major surgery. I don't think I'm ever going to get to go to one of these.

*cries in everything that can go wrong with headphones*

Hope everyone has a great time though! I'll be looking forward to pictures, videos, reviews, and the written version of the experience

Aug 1, 2020 at 8:47 PM Post #95 of 949
Quid pro quo my friend. As I finally bought some high-end cans, the ZFM Vérité after mild influence from you and @buke9 ...looking forward to their arrival. Which one of us will be the first to buy another EE IEM?

I'll add that @ajyagle did a great job with the impressions last year at SoCal.

Here's to hoping that we can all attend SoCal in Dec!!!! I'm starting to keep an eye on flights now. :airplane:
Did you get the Camphor Burl ? Just saw a pair on Reddit and they are drop dead gorgeous like all the other ZMF’s. I would love to make it again but just have to see how everything pans out.

Aug 1, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #96 of 949
Did you get the Camphor Burl ? Just saw a pair on Reddit and they are drop dead gorgeous like all the other ZMF’s. I would love to make it again but just have to see how everything pans out.

Yes, I went with the Camphor Burl, black chassis and brass rods / grills. Really looking forward to getting them, they're in the sanding / finishing phase now. I also purchased a Leopardwood Salire stand to go with them.

Aug 11, 2020 at 1:52 AM Post #97 of 949
how to book a room? do I just call the hotel and mention headfi or there a separate link to book?

Aug 11, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #98 of 949
how to book a room? do I just call the hotel and mention headfi or there a separate link to book?

On the CanJam SoCal page, https://canjamglobal.com/shows/socal2020/ scroll down to lodging and there's a link to the hotel and another link to a reservation page. I'll note that page says the rates are only valid for the original Jun 2020 dates, but to book by 19 Nov. Maybe one of the Head-Fi team can reach out to the Irvine Marriott to get the dates updated... @third_eye any chance you could pass that on to the correct Head-Fi POC.

Aug 11, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #99 of 949
On the CanJam SoCal page, https://canjamglobal.com/shows/socal2020/ scroll down to lodging and there's a link to the hotel and another link to a reservation page. I'll note that page says the rates are only valid for the original Jun 2020 dates, but to book by 19 Nov. Maybe one of the Head-Fi team can reach out to the Irvine Marriott to get the dates updated... @third_eye any chance you could pass that on to the correct Head-Fi POC.

We're in communication with the hotel regarding our scheduled December event and will be updating everyone within the next 1-2 weeks.

Aug 24, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #101 of 949
UPDATE: We hope everyone has had a good and safe summer! While we were really hoping to be able to proceed with CanJam SoCal on December 12-13, we've made the decision to postpone until next year due to the continued uncertainty, and under advisement of the hotel venue. The new show dates for CanJam SoCal 2021 are September 11-12, 2021 and the event will take place at the Irvine Marriott.

2021SOCAL big banner update.jpg

Aug 24, 2020 at 12:48 PM Post #102 of 949
Wow! I’m sorry to hear since I was volunteering, but it makes sense, too much happening in multiple areas here.

Does this mean I have to give back my badge? 😁

Aug 24, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #103 of 949
Wow! I’m sorry to hear since I was volunteering, but it makes sense, too much happening in multiple areas here.

And your gun

Aug 24, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #104 of 949
Last edited:
Aug 24, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #105 of 949
Head-Fi should create and award a new badge: NoCanJam 2020 SoCal. Same picture, but with an added:

1598293243761.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back