CanJam SoCal 2021 (September 25-26, 2021)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #121 of 949
If you're interested in checking out what you can expect from a CanJam, I'd recommend starting with the CanJam SoCal 2019 Impressions Thread for a good look into what all happens during a CanJam weekend. Most exhibitors have a "walk up" approach, but occasionally there will be exhibits that require booking an appointment in advance. Often the most popular items will have a short wait to try out, but in my experience the wait times have always been reasonable. As for exhibitors selling gear, that's up to the individual exhibitor. Some will sell product at the show and others won't. There are a number of factors at play that will determine if someone does or doesn't, so it's impossible to say in advance who will and who won't have product for sale at a given show.

Feb 19, 2021 at 6:50 PM Post #122 of 949
If you're interested in checking out what you can expect from a CanJam, I'd recommend starting with the CanJam SoCal 2019 Impressions Thread for a good look into what all happens during a CanJam weekend. Most exhibitors have a "walk up" approach, but occasionally there will be exhibits that require booking an appointment in advance. Often the most popular items will have a short wait to try out, but in my experience the wait times have always been reasonable. As for exhibitors selling gear, that's up to the individual exhibitor. Some will sell product at the show and others won't. There are a number of factors at play that will determine if someone does or doesn't, so it's impossible to say in advance who will and who won't have product for sale at a given show.
Gotcha. I'll check that thread to get a better idea, thanks! Looking forward to getting to attend one of these, now if only September can hurry up and come :)

Feb 19, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #124 of 949
CanJam is great fun - I definitely recommend a visit. Too bad about last year so here's hoping that we can all get together in September!
Yeah, read that impressions thread and it sounds like everyone who went in 2019 had a great time. Plus if I can get the chance to test some HP's I'd likely never get a chance too like Utopia, Empyrean, etc then that alone would be worth it for me I think. Bought my ticket already, so now just the waiting game :)

Feb 19, 2021 at 11:22 PM Post #125 of 949
I hope you and your family are doing as well as everyone can during these unique times.

It’s amazing the CanJam crew will make the next SoCal event a reality hopefully this September!

A question that may prove to be unpopular:

Will there be a vaccine requirement in order to attend future events?

Take care, and stay strong! 🙏🏾

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2021 at 1:16 AM Post #127 of 949
Feb 20, 2021 at 1:39 AM Post #128 of 949
@tdl2024, even if you can't buy directly from booth at CanJam, bear in mind many offer show discounts so you purchase then set up shipping, with a sweet discount!

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #129 of 949
Hey @third_eye, @moedawg140 makes a very good point. Hundreds of people swapping the same air for hours, all touching the same stuff before sticking it on their faces. Got to be a super-spreader risk if you have a lot of people unvaccinated.

Hopefully by that time the vaccine is widely available so that everybody who wants it has been able to get it.

Feb 20, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #133 of 949
Sept in SoCal, the hottest month of the year, most of the time.

Too hot for me in September, and it seems to be getting hotter each successive year.

Feb 20, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #135 of 949
It gets hot, but the show is inside with AC running.

Right? It's not THAT hot. I'd rather have it be a warm day then the alternative. CAMJAM Nome in December was a disaster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back