CanJam SoCal 2021 (September 25-26, 2021)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 10, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #78 of 949
I took this photo from the Huntington Beach pier last December - a great time of the year in SoCal since you can go to the beach to surf or mountains to ski!

HB.jpg

Jun 10, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #79 of 949
...not to mention this is the local turf for @Watagump a.k.a. The Twizzlers Master :wink:

Jul 21, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #84 of 949
Looks like the exhibitor list hadn't been updated since March, wouldn't be surprised if UE hadn't decided in March before to do the June show that was postponed. If they come, they will do their 3D scans!
yeah then you have to buy an UE iem XD

Jul 29, 2020 at 11:01 PM Post #87 of 949
So how do those 3d scanning booths work? Like, do they just GIVE you a free 3D scan of your ears for UIEMs, or what?

I believe to receive a free impression, you have to commit to purchasing a ciem from the vendor. It would be great if this were free, no obligation scans.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #88 of 949
I believe to receive a free impression, you have to commit to purchasing a ciem from the vendor. It would be great if there were free, no obligation scans.

That's how it's worked for me, free impressions when I bought with Empire Ears and Jerry Harvey. Although my impressions weren't 3-D scans, but traditional goo in the ear.

Jul 30, 2020 at 11:16 PM Post #90 of 949
So basically you don't have to PAY extra for the impression, but the impression is only useful if you are gonna buy CIEMs right there.

That's correct. I find it quite convenient as you don't have to schedule with an audiologist that knows about impressions for CIEMs, and you don't have to worry about sending your impressions to the IEM company. Plus the folks working for the IEM companies know how to take impressions extremely well and know exactly what they need for their process. Then if you want to order another set of CIEMs from the same company, they already have your impressions. I will add, that for CIEMs, it useful to research ahead of time how you want the design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back