CanJam SoCal 2016 Impressions Thread (March 19-20, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 23, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #407 of 658
  Boooo!  
mad.gif
  LOL!  
biggrin.gif
  Yeah, it's not perfect.  Actually, here's what it comes down to:  the Spark is more of a baby LAu (or embryonic LAu) in terms of signature likeness... whereas the Carbon is more of an adolescent Crimson type of signature (especially with regards to it's engagement factor).  So I totally understand your preference for the Carbon, as that engagement factor is one of the best things about it!

Hey, at least you can always count on me to speak my mind!
atsmile.gif

Seriously though, it's a good thing that Cavalli is making a range of products at a range of prices with different sound signatures but certain sonic similarities to tie them together. While the Spark didn't necessarily speak to me at Canjam, look at how many people loved it! Meanwhile, I fell in love with the Carbon and will be getting one, so there's something for everyone.

But, you know, if you wanted to loan me a Spark later to convince me I really love it, I won't say no!
wink_face.gif

Again to be serious, I would definitely reserve final judgement until A) the final production units are complete and B) I'm not listening in show conditions.

Mar 23, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #408 of 658
Mar 23, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #409 of 658
  I MIGHT be the Brian F on that list... if so SWEET!  :)

It's great especially if you have children, because the BT2200 is a children's headphone.  The BT2200 that I own should fit my daughter's head pretty well when she gets a little older.

Mar 23, 2016 at 7:48 PM Post #412 of 658
  Hey Guys! I'm all good. Never was any real pain just some blood and I had a ball both on the track and at CanJam!

I have a pic that proves how gnarly it was!  
smile.gif

Mar 23, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #415 of 658

and: WOH - FINALLY got to hear the Shure electrostatic IEMs - thanks fellas for bringin' em up to the Tungsten Room!
W/ my AKjr - and that Shure DAC/Amp - man were these FUN.  Clean, articulate, thumpin, and WIDE!!

more comin!!

Hey, you know what would be really cool?  If Cavalli Audio designed a portable electrostatic amp, in the form factor of an AK380 amp sled, to make an AK380 + Pocket Lightning + KSE1500 rig.  Yeah, that would be pretty cool right?  Oh wait, did I just say that out loud???  
eek.gif

wink.gif

Mar 23, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #417 of 658

Surprisingly, I actually got asked about this a LOT... so I just have to ask you guys in return... who'd be interested in buying a Cavalli Audio shirt if we made a bunch more?

Count me in for one of those!!

Mar 23, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #419 of 658
PIC! PIC! PIC!

Spoiler of course....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back