CanJam Singapore 2023 Impressions Thread (March 25-26, 2023)
Mar 26, 2023 at 5:46 AM Post #91 of 334
Must say I'm very surprised at the lack of activity and paucity of impressions on this thread (and the Watercooler). Considering CJNY has 63 pages of impressions, and CJ Singapore is the IEM Mecca, I'd have expected far more content here. Maybe the IEM crowd is far more introsprective. 🤷🏻
No time!!! We're rushing from one meal to the next and any spare time is filled with listening to IEMs!

I have a looooong wait at the airport tonight before I fly with Mr. Bogdan to Doha so will try to make up for the radio silence later.

Told the FiRry Bros I had literally given up on them after Kr5 and Xe6 but after glowing stories from @Sifo decided they earned a 3rd chance. Unfortunately resulting in being floored by Radon 6...

drftr

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2023 at 5:49 AM Post #92 of 334
Must say I'm very surprised at the lack of activity and paucity of impressions on this thread (and the Watercooler). Considering CJNY has 63 pages of impressions, and CJ Singapore is the IEM Mecca, I'd have expected far more content here. Maybe the IEM crowd is far more introsprective. 🤷🏻
Well there is a lot to see and do .. and eat in Singapore.
Many are probably enjoying it to the fullest and will write impressions from their notes afterwards

Mar 26, 2023 at 5:50 AM Post #93 of 334
No time!!! We're rushing from one meal to the next and any spare time is filled with listening to IEMs!

I have a looooong wait at the airport tonight before I fly with Mr. Bogdan to Doha so will try to make up for the radio silence later.

Told the FiRry Bros I had literally given up on them after Kr5 and Xe6 but after glowing stories from @Sifo decided they earned a 3rd chance. Unfortunately resulting in being floored by Radon 6...

drftr
Does that mean you like Radon 6 and why? :spy::smirk::thinking:

Mar 26, 2023 at 6:44 AM Post #95 of 334
Went to camjam since the morning had a chance to try quite a lot of good stuff and picked up a mass Kobo 475 for myself as well. Just some impressions

1) Campfire audio
Andromeda 2023 - Compared to my own older Andros, the treble doesnt
sparkle like it used to. There is actually some weight to the bass now but does sound a bit muddy. It also has
more air compared to my own old Andros, similar for the Solaris compared to my Solaris SE.

Solaris Stellar Horizon - Nice air, very good for live recordings and orchestral music. Nice thumb to the bass but controlled such that it doesnt bleed into the mids, doesn't have the detail in bass texture like the Odin's does but it's still quite enjoyable. For an all rounder I prefer my Solaris SE but I can see how the new Solaris would do better in certain genres like live recording especially since there is better air and wider staging.

Trifecta - Being all BA, standard BA bass problems, doesnt have the heft and weight of DD bass but since I listen to Jpop and some songs are mastered / mixed such that some BA only IEMs can still produce pretty good bass so not too much problems. Pretty nice detail, and again there is air and quite wide staging.

Overall Solaris > Trifecta > Andros for me. Really sad the Andros don't sparkle like they used to... Although I also understand it was that sparkle that could be come sibilance in some cases.

2) Vision Ears
VE7 - Very well balanced, slightly colored sound with some nice energy .The bass still had a nice thump but still a bit away from my Odin's. Overall an enjoyable sound.

Red Anniversary - Very safe and laidback sound. A bit too boring for my taste, the bass was lacking on some of the music I was listening to despite having DD for Bass.

Blue Anniversary - More energy overall, in the bass and slightly in everything else. A more exciting and musical pair of IEMs compared to reds. Bass can get a bit much on bass heavy genres.

VE7 > Blue > Red

3) Empire Ears / Collab with A & K
Odyssey - I get where ppl are saying it is somewhere btw the EVO and Odin's,bass is
tamed a little bit more but can still give a massive thump, mids and treble are still very resolving like both EVO and Odin's just that they aren't as much in the background as compared to EVO. Bass is more meaty and has weight comparative to Odin's which is focusing a bit more of subbass.

Raven - Somewhere in between the Odyssey and Odin for me I think.....

4) Fatfreq
Maestro SE - Surprisingly not as bassy as the frequency measurements may suggest. Boomier compared to my Odin's but still has nice bass texture, and definitely not trying to be the star of the show like the EVO. Overall quite an enjoyable listen.

Grand Maestro - Has a default and vocal mode switch. In default mode the vocals and treble a too recessed for my liking and in vocal mode are a little too bright. For those who want to have the 2 in 1 option for laidback and energetic iem. Too much of each for me with no middle ground

Maestro SE > Grand Maestro

5) Unique Melody
MEST Mk 3 - Overall very coherent and nice sounding pair

6) Elysian
Annilator - Similar to 2021 version, just some improvements in the internal wiring etc. Good resolution, nice weighty yet textured base, wider staging compared to Odin's with just the right amount of air. Really good IEM, my favorite among all that I heard.

7) Zeppelin
ZMF Atrium Open & Closed - Tried them both on the Cayin 6A Amp, Open very natural sounding with longs of air very good for old live recording, like old jazz music. Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong sounded lovely. Louis Armstrong was a bit too much for the closed as his Ss were quite sibilant.... My focal Utopia did not like the 6A unlike it's younger brother the 3a, bass is definitely weightier compared to it's supposed usual leaner and punchy bass but seems to be muddied in a weird way.

AT WA2022??? (The nice japanese laquer one) - Paired with the DCS Lina stack, very clean and resolving but too bright for my liking. Lina delivering a clean sound as usual. The headphones, not too excited about it....

8)Mass Kobo
Susvara and 465 - flawless, enough said. Really good pair that does well with everything I threw at it from hip hop, j pop, orchestral, mando pop. Best pairing for good reason.

475 - From my RS6 to the 475 to my Utopias. My Utopias are very agreeable to this set up, definitely helps it to showcase everything it has to offer out from the RS6. I was then told to try my Odin's on it too. I thought it would be a bit much since my Odin's honestly really didn't need an amp to drive but I was pleasantly surprised that it helped the Odin's open quite a bit. And thus, I whaled on this 2300sgd monster of a portable amp. Definitely worth it.

That pretty much wraps up camjam for me. Happy and poorer haha.

Mar 26, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #96 of 334

drftr
Just doing my job. I felt the same way though, the 3 IEMs from the Fontier series didn't do it for me but the Radon did.

Mar 26, 2023 at 7:03 AM Post #97 of 334
If you get time would love to know how the new R6 pro II stacks up to the RS6.

Anyone had the chance to A/B the mest mk3 with mk2 or indigo ?
Apologies, didn’t have chance to compare my RS6 and R6 pro II earlier due to short time.
Had to do some work at home 😩

Mar 26, 2023 at 7:13 AM Post #98 of 334
Trifecta - Being all BA, standard BA bass problems, doesnt have the heft and weight of DD bass but since I listen to Jpop and some songs are mastered / mixed such that some BA only IEMs can still produce pretty good bass so not too much problems. Pretty nice detail, and again there is air and quite wide staging.
Trifecta is a triple DD 😉

Mar 26, 2023 at 7:30 AM Post #100 of 334
Just doing my job. I felt the same way though, the 3 IEMs from the Fontier series didn't do it for me but the Radon did.

Hey @Sifo, with my Xe6, Ronin, Ragnar kit, could it make any sense at all for me to have the Rn6 as the all-rounder instead of Ronin, or would you stick with Ronin? (I got the Xe6 recently and very much enjoy it - the bass and open-back feeling).

Mar 26, 2023 at 7:33 AM Post #102 of 334
Red was the more neutral warm to me while the blue was the more V one. Definitely prefer the red one, super clear and cohesive.
Interesting, so far most of the impressions of VE protos I read in this thread and from people who pinged me are the opposite of NYC show, making me wonder if they indeed switched it up.

Mar 26, 2023 at 8:14 AM Post #103 of 334
Hey @Sifo, with my Xe6, Ronin, Ragnar kit, could it make any sense at all for me to have the Rn6 as the all-rounder instead of Ronin, or would you stick with Ronin? (I got the Xe6 recently and very much enjoy it - the bass and open-back feeling).
Personally would just stick to the Ronin if you've got xe6 and are liking it for what it is.

But Ronin vs radon sound quite different so...

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2023 at 8:16 AM Post #104 of 334
On the D8000 special edition, do they plan to produce more batches?
I thought it was limited and already sold out at some point?
I had the confirmation that Final won't craft more units that announced. The guys at Final first consider to produce more but ultimately took a different decision. Seems that new Limited Edition are likely to launch at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back