CanJam@RMAF 2011 Listening Impressions Thread
Oct 14, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #16 of 678
Beat me to it, was just about to post that! ^^

Quote:

Woo have just amazing things. Photo by Comply.

Oct 14, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #18 of 678
They do sort of look like they belong in a mad scientist's lab.

Quote:
Maybe it's just me but those amps look ridiculous, maybe even redonkulous i'm not sure which. 

Oct 14, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #19 of 678
Very much looking forward to hearing about the LCD3's!

Oct 14, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #22 of 678

Quote:
Maybe it's just me but those amps look ridiculous, maybe even redonkulous i'm not sure which. 

What disturbs me is that they've gone backward to the days when "balanced" amps were two separate stereo amps with bridged channels which is what gave us that whole dumb dual 3 pin XLR "standard" in the first place.

*sigh*

Ah well.

se

Oct 14, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #23 of 678
Man, what a horrible form factor!  Both in terms of fitting it on any kind of rack as well as usability perspective!  Monoblock amps can get away with it since there is always a preamp involved which controls L & R volume.  In this case you have two seperate headphone out sockets and two volume knobs on different amps....doesn't sound very fun.

Oct 14, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #25 of 678

Definitely someone post up some initial impressions on these if they get a chance (as well as W4S's other new products).

subscribed.
Quote:
Can someone at the show check out the new small-form-factor Wyred 4 Sound DACs? I'm very curious about those. 

Thanks! 

Oct 14, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #27 of 678

Quote:
Man, what a horrible form factor!  Both in terms of fitting it on any kind of rack as well as usability perspective!  Monoblock amps can get away with it since there is always a preamp involved which controls L & R volume.  In this case you have two seperate headphone out sockets and two volume knobs on different amps....doesn't sound very fun.

Hmm I didn't think about the two volume knobs, that does seem annoying.  That means they have to use steppers with pretty big steps so people can easily discern channel imbalance.  The problem with that is the large steps means less precision on desired volume level.  

The key thing seems strange as well.  Are users able to switch the keys while the amp is powered without blowing something up? 

Will be interesting to see internal pics as that's what matters.  It looks kinda like the old Singlepower amps, I'm just hoping there's (a lot) more substance inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back