CanJam NYC 2020 (February 15-16, 2020)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #241 of 596
I’ve had the pleasure of going a couple of times and, as someone without a great deal of experience, it can be exhilarating to try so much great stuff. But it can also be a bit overwhelming and easy to lose track of impressions since there's so much to take in. I found it helpful the second time to come up with a list, in advance, of the headphones and IEMs I wanted to hear and not to feel the need to try cram in too much.

Also, try to avoid hearing vastly different quality items back to back: a few years back I tried the Focal Elear and had great first impressions of them. I immediately switched over to the Utopia, when a space became available, and the Elear lost their magic all too quickly (and, arguably, unfairly).

The best thing I did? I took a little notebook to jot down impressions immediately after listening to something (and a bit later on, when I had some more perspective). Taking notes also meant I had plenty of nice, little breaks to clean the palette and to process what I’d just heard.
Well said.

Jan 19, 2020 at 8:17 PM Post #242 of 596
I’ve had the pleasure of going a couple of times and, as someone without a great deal of experience, it can be exhilarating to try so much great stuff. But it can also be a bit overwhelming and easy to lose track of impressions since there's so much to take in. I found it helpful the second time to come up with a list, in advance, of the headphones and IEMs I wanted to hear and not to feel the need to try cram in too much.

Also, try to avoid hearing vastly different quality items back to back: a few years back I tried the Focal Elear and had great first impressions of them. I immediately switched over to the Utopia, when a space became available, and the Elear lost their magic all too quickly (and, arguably, unfairly).

The best thing I did? I took a little notebook to jot down impressions immediately after listening to something (and a bit later on, when I had some more perspective). Taking notes also meant I had plenty of nice, little breaks to clean the palette and to process what I’d just heard.

This is great advice - thank you. Very helpful- I hadn’t considered the part about listening to vastly different things back to back at all. Good things to be mindful of!

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #245 of 596
I worked on 32nd for a while across from Penn, and for our monthly department meetings we got Suprema a lot. Can confirm, Suprema is the best pizza in NYC. Pricey though, expect around $6-$7 a slice!

Jan 20, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #246 of 596
I worked on 32nd for a while across from Penn, and for our monthly department meetings we got Suprema a lot. Can confirm, Suprema is the best pizza in NYC. Pricey though, expect around $6-$7 a slice!

Wow. That's really expensive.

Jan 20, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #247 of 596
Jan 20, 2020 at 3:02 PM Post #248 of 596

Maybe if you get some kinda exotic slice. Their big plain slices are $4.

Bloom Audio Headphones and Personal Audio with Pitch Perfect Service. Stay updated on Bloom Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BloomAudioStore https://twitter.com/BloomAudioStore https://www.instagram.com/BloomAudioStore https://bloomaudio.com hello@bloomaudio.com
Jan 20, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #250 of 596
Guys - after all the dough you spend on TOTL gear, you cannot afford a couple pizza slices? and complain they're too pricey?! :astonished:

Jan 20, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #251 of 596
Jan 20, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #252 of 596
Guys - after all the dough you spend on TOTL gear, you cannot afford a couple pizza slices? and complain they're too pricey?! :astonished:
You caught that...
$800 cable... Reasonable
$4 pizza, wait, wut?

Jan 20, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #255 of 596
I hope all manufacturers attending this CanJam NYC are taking notes. Nobody is talking about audio gear in this thread, instead we are discussing pizza slices :D So, if you want to get the show visitors hyped up to listen to your gear, better stock up on food at the tables :wink:

- twister6, a.k.a. CanJam NYC Buffet Connoisseur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back