CanJam NYC 2019 (February 16-17, 2019)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #377 of 884
I'm sure it varies but average price for a whole pie is around what?
Depends, some places have 'med' or 'large', but a regular pie should be under $20. Also depends on where you go. The 'fanciest' most expensive places don't always have the best pie.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #378 of 884
Depends, some places have 'med' or 'large', but I regular pie should be under $20. Also depends on where you go. The 'fanciest' most expensive places don't always have the best pie.

Sounds cheaper than when I took a group to get Chinese food out here. I think I picked a good spot for the pizza.

Jan 29, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #379 of 884
Sounds cheaper than when I took a group to get Chinese food out here. I think I picked a good spot for the pizza.

You can see a big fancy place on 9th Avenue that's been up for 2 months and get garbage, then see an old dirty place in the village that's been there for 30 years and get the best pie.

Jan 29, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #380 of 884
Up to you, but I don't under buy food when its a group.
I wouldn't like to look selfish. And everyone is like "gosh he's eating up all of our pizza!" the travesty.

Jan 29, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #382 of 884
You can see a big fancy place on 9th Avenue that's been up for 2 months and get garbage, then see an old dirty place in the village that's been there for 30 years and get the best pie.

I chose Johns on Bleeker Street, based on reviews, youtube etc, the best, well, 10 people, 10 different best. I will be happy with just a good ole cheese pizza with some friends in a city I have never visited.

I wouldn't like to look selfish. And everyone is like "gosh he's eating up all of our pizza!" the travesty.

You got invited, enjoy the ride man. I will make sure everyone is full.

Time-tested tends to be better, for sure.

Joe, if you don't have plans, you can join us, Ethan also. I don't know if you guys usually do things together or not, but the invitation is out.

[merged]

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 29, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #383 of 884
You got invited, enjoy the ride man. I will make sure everyone is full.
Lol I was just being sarcastic. I don't remember If I ever visited the spot you chose, I'm sure It will be delicious, NYC stuff always is.

Is this going to be on Sat or Sun? the Pizza-fun day. I don't think I will stay in NYC overnight, but I will most likely travel again by bus since it's not that far of a trip for me.

[merged]

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 29, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #387 of 884
I chose Johns on Bleeker Street, based on reviews, youtube etc, the best, well, 10 people, 10 different best. I will be happy with just a good ole cheese pizza with some friends in a city I have never visited.
Johns is good. Might want to check out Sauce on 12th and 1st. If you're looking for decent and large slices then check out Rose's under Penn Station.

Jan 29, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #389 of 884
That's one of the things I love about NY, there is soooo many places, but ya hafta know them...

Jan 29, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #390 of 884
Old school brick oven pizza.

Capture.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back