CanJam London 2023 (August 19-20, 2023)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2023 at 6:10 PM Post #376 of 432
Is the Pope Catholic?

If you think Head-Fi is bad for your wallet, wait until you CanJam. I ended up last year with a pair of Utopias (from Hifonix).

This year I am looking for listening rigs for Return To the Office, i.e. closed-back headphones and a low-footprint streamer-DAC-amp that supports Roon ARC, not just the more common local network Roon support.
I wound up with a WA23 after last year's CanJam SoCal 🙃

Aug 16, 2023 at 6:35 PM Post #377 of 432
I'm really excited for this weekend! Going to my first ever BBC Prom at The Royal Albert Hall on Friday night. Then back up on Sunday for my first ever Can Jam :L3000:

Anyone any idea if any exhibitors will have Denon D9200 and D7200 available for audition please?

I'm assuming there'll be plenty of opportunity now to hear the Meze 109 pro?

I'll be taking my DX300 as my source with some test tracks all ready to go. Not sure now whether to travel light and hear as much new stuff to me as possible or take my own headphones and IEM's along as well for some A/B testing with anything that makes my shortlist.

Also, am I right to assume that many products will have a show discount going on?

Aug 17, 2023 at 4:41 AM Post #378 of 432
I'm really excited for this weekend! Going to my first ever BBC Prom at The Royal Albert Hall on Friday night. Then back up on Sunday for my first ever Can Jam :L3000:

Anyone any idea if any exhibitors will have Denon D9200 and D7200 available for audition please?

I'm assuming there'll be plenty of opportunity now to hear the Meze 109 pro?

I'll be taking my DX300 as my source with some test tracks all ready to go. Not sure now whether to travel light and hear as much new stuff to me as possible or take my own headphones and IEM's along as well for some A/B testing with anything that makes my shortlist.

Also, am I right to assume that many products will have a show discount going on?
Take as much as you can so you can compare - you'll probably regret it at the time if you don't.

Known discounts are an earlier post in this discussion
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/canjam-london-2023-august-19-20-2023.968155/post-17689679

Aug 17, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #380 of 432
Tomorrow I will track flights to see if I find something cheap and go to see you all... Not the best financial moment to travel, not to mention buy anything there, but would like to enjoy the experience.

Just for curiosity... Is there any possibility to make the ear impressions for a ciem?

Aug 17, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #381 of 432
It's going to be a last minute decision if I can make it. Can you buy tickets on the door?
Yes you can! Cash at the door, or you can go to https://canjamglobal.com/attend/ the day of and buy a ticket using a credit card. Just bring a copy of your receipt with the QR code and/or if it's a one-day or weekend pass, and you'll be taken care of.

Aug 17, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #382 of 432
not sure if anyone is up for it but I am likely going to the Bermondsey Beer Mile after Saturday's session, if anyone is up for it LMK. I am coming in from Spain but hail from the US and love craft beer (southern Spain where I live is a bit of a craft beer desert) https://www.ukbrewerytours.com/bermondsey-beer-mile/

Aug 17, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #383 of 432
Look forward to everyone's impressions! I'll be watching from afar and using your thoughts to prep for SoCal!

Aug 18, 2023 at 2:27 AM Post #384 of 432
not sure if anyone is up for it but I am likely going to the Bermondsey Beer Mile after Saturday's session, if anyone is up for it LMK. I am coming in from Spain but hail from the US and love craft beer (southern Spain where I live is a bit of a craft beer desert) https://www.ukbrewerytours.com/bermondsey-beer-mile/

If I’ve got time I’d be up for this. Worst case is a beer in the massive Brewdog at Waterloo station before you get the tube to Bermondsey.

Aug 18, 2023 at 3:12 AM Post #387 of 432
Will there be any representation for Neumann.Berlin as I would like to try their NDH 30 Headphones? I would like to try before I buy. Especially their newly released Black version.

Aug 18, 2023 at 4:51 AM Post #388 of 432
Only 24 more hours to go people! I will be driving to the event as there is a private car park around the corner.

A sunny/hot forecast with no rain for the whole weekend!

Aug 18, 2023 at 5:15 AM Post #390 of 432
I will be with my Shanling M9 Plus, Sony XM5 and Ragnar there. By the way, are you guys going to have name tags? I will have mine:

20230818_112331.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back