CanJam London 2023 (August 19-20, 2023)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 15, 2023 at 5:44 PM Post #361 of 432
Paris is expensive, far better is Germany, cities like Munich or Berlin are more business cities and are full of solutions for an exhibition like CanJam.

If You prefer Italy, for me it's even better 😬
I agree! Berlin would make sense because it’s close to Poland and a short train ride from most of Europe.

Aug 15, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #362 of 432
I agree! Berlin would make sense because it’s close to Poland and a short train ride from most of Europe.
What about the high end Munich show every year? That's far bigger than any Canjam event.

Aug 15, 2023 at 5:47 PM Post #363 of 432
What about the high end Munich show every year?
Yes that’s why I think Berlin would make more sense than Munich as they already have a show

Aug 15, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #364 of 432
If I remember well, there was an amazing exhibition of music instruments in Frankfurt. It could be another option, but maybe it has less links with other European cities.

BTW, see you at London, this time! 🥳

Aug 15, 2023 at 6:39 PM Post #365 of 432
By the way... I am planning on visiting some nice vegan restaurants close by, two candidates being Beza Ethiopian Food and Vantra. Indian food is also always great, so I see a few Sagars close by. Any recommendations? Also anyone who wants to join me is most welcome.

I had to bring food up. :p

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2023 at 9:26 PM Post #366 of 432
By the way... I am planning on visiting some nice vegan restaurants close by, two candidates being Beza Ethiopian Food and Vantra. Indian food is also always great, so I see a few Sagars close by. Any recommendations? Also anyone who wants to join me is most welcome.

I had to bring food up. :p
Wouldn't be a CanJam pre-show thread without any food comments! :beerchug:

Aug 16, 2023 at 5:08 AM Post #367 of 432
Hifonix and selected partners Noble Audio, Meze, Hifiman and Focal UK will be Giving away over £2000 worth of prizes at the Canjam London event next weekend, the 19th and 20th of August 2023. There will be 4 raffles over the exciting weekend with the following to be won:

In support of Cancer Research Uk: Raffle tickets £5 per raffle ticket

Saturday - Prize draws will be at 4:30 pm

Saturday 19th August Raffle 1 - Noble Audio Fokus Mystique earphones
- Worth £359

Raffle 2 - Meze 109 Pro Headphones
- Worth £759

Sunday - Prize draws will be at 4:15 pm

Sunday 20th August Raffle 1- Hifiman Svanar wireless earphones
- Worth £479

Raffle 2 - Focal Bathys wireless headphones
- Worth £699

All proceeds from the raffles will go straight to Cancer Research Uk. Hifonix will also donate 2% of all sales made over
the weekend. We aim to raise £10,000 by combining raffles, sales and other donations from over the weekend.

My daughter was diagnosed with Lymphoma cancer earlier this year and the battle it has been over the past few months has encouraged us greatly to be more aware of these charities and their hard work and support. I urge you all to donate as much as possible, not just over this weekend but continued donations.

We look forward to everyone’s generous contribution and support.

Best regards, Aseem Hifonix

Aug 16, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #368 of 432
Hifonix and selected partners Noble Audio, Meze, Hifiman and Focal UK will be Giving away over £2000 worth of prizes at the Canjam London event next weekend, the 19th and 20th of August 2023. There will be 4 raffles over the exciting weekend with the following to be won:

In support of Cancer Research Uk: Raffle tickets £5 per raffle ticket

Saturday - Prize draws will be at 4:30 pm

Saturday 19th August Raffle 1 - Noble Audio Fokus Mystique earphones
- Worth £359

Raffle 2 - Meze 109 Pro Headphones
- Worth £759

Sunday - Prize draws will be at 4:15 pm

Sunday 20th August Raffle 1- Hifiman Svanar wireless earphones
- Worth £479

Raffle 2 - Focal Bathys wireless headphones
- Worth £699

All proceeds from the raffles will go straight to Cancer Research Uk. Hifonix will also donate 2% of all sales made over
the weekend. We aim to raise £10,000 by combining raffles, sales and other donations from over the weekend.

My daughter was diagnosed with Lymphoma cancer earlier this year and the battle it has been over the past few months has encouraged us greatly to be more aware of these charities and their hard work and support. I urge you all to donate as much as possible, not just over this weekend but continued donations.

We look forward to everyone’s generous contribution and support.

Best regards, Aseem Hifonix
Sending prayers for you, your daughter, and your family. Having experienced a 2 and a half year battle that my wife fought, I fully understand the hopes that we all have that research continues and that more and more lives are saved. Wishing you the very best.

Aug 16, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #369 of 432
Question to the more experienced.. Would it be worthwhile to bring my own DAP and cables to Canjam to serve as reference point for what I am about to listen to? 😇

Aug 16, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #370 of 432
Question to the more experienced.. Would it be worthwhile to bring my own DAP and cables to Canjam to serve as reference point for what I am about to listen to? 😇
I consider it a must to bring your own DAP in order to have a trusted and familiar source to check out IEMs or headphones , as well when you're in the market for a DAP upgrade

Aug 16, 2023 at 3:08 PM Post #371 of 432
Yes

Aug 16, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #372 of 432
Most definitely.

Aug 16, 2023 at 3:14 PM Post #373 of 432
Last year, I took my Cowon Plenue R2 and an optical cable. I was able to play my own music through almost every system there.

(I think the only exception was HiFonix who didn't want to change any system in any way. The chap managing the stall also didn't want to demonstrate any of the expensive headphones that were on static display and told me that the high-end headphones I've been using and enjoying for the last 12 years are rubbish in spite of the fact that I've only so far heard one headphone that I thought sounded better and many higher priced alternatives that frankly don't).

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #374 of 432
I consider it a must to bring your own DAP in order to have a trusted and familiar source to check out IEMs or headphones , as well when you're in the market for a DAP
I'm bringing my LCD 4 just to see their true potential on some of the insane gear that's at Canjam. I really want to hear them on the DCS Lina stack!

Aug 16, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #375 of 432
Sending prayers for you, your daughter, and your family. Having experienced a 2 and a half year battle that my wife fought, I fully understand the hopes that we all have that research continues and that more and more lives are saved. Wishing you the very best.
Many thanks for your prayers my dear friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back