CanJam London 2023 (August 19-20, 2023)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 15, 2023 at 8:56 AM Post #346 of 432
I'm looking for a new IEM 😁
Make sure you take your DAP and pre-loaded tunes with you as the Internet connection is very 'hit 'n miss' at the Venue. Plus the Tunes on offer by the Exhibitor may not be to your taste. 🎧

Aug 15, 2023 at 9:23 AM Post #347 of 432
Make sure you take your DAP and pre-loaded tunes with you as the Internet connection is very 'hit 'n miss' at the Venue. Plus the Tunes on offer by the Exhibitor may not be to your taste. 🎧
It's all set 😁

How usually works for prices? They are in Pound with local VAT or will be also in EUR/USD?

Aug 15, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #349 of 432
I believe most sales at the show are in GBP with VAT included. I always bring pounds with me for any at-show purchases.
I need to ask this. :) I frankly always wondered why there is no CanJam in the continental Europe. Higher population, unified currency, easier to travel for those that are with Schengen visa (there are many expats living in the EU that need extra visa for UK). You have the FiiO 15% off, for example, from amp3, but this is only for those living in the UK. Before Brexit I used to buy from them but not anymore due to customs.

Is there a chance that this happens also in continental Europe?

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #350 of 432
Good advice :thumbsup:

Although having a 'hit' n miss' internet connection for this type of event suggest to me that the venue is not really fit for purpose. Sure it won't stop me enjoying the weekend but I do wish they would address it. Been coming here for a number of years and it's always been a bit of an issue.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #351 of 432
Fewer discount than other CanJam. Is it supposed that EU people is richer than other countries? 😔

My priority list is changed so much now.
What’s on the wish list? Dm us

Aug 15, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #352 of 432
I need to ask this. :) I frankly always wondered why there is no CanJam in the continental Europe.

Is there a chance that this happens also in continental Europe?
We're always looking for cool and exciting destination locations for CanJam, so thank you for the feedback. I'll be happy to share your thoughts with our planning team. If we have any news for you on that front, you'll hear it first in our yearly CanJam Global thread (here's a link to the thread for 2023) and featured on the homepage as soon as information is available. We're still finalizing some of the last details for next year's schedule, but it won't too long a wait before we can announce all of our show dates for 2024.

In the meantime, we're happy to invite all continental Europe Head-Fi'ers to join us in London this weekend. My overseas family is always bragging about how budget-friendly many of the airlines are, so why not take advantage of that and join us in a few days? :wink:

Aug 15, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #353 of 432
We're always looking for cool and exciting destination locations for CanJam, so thank you for the feedback. I'll be happy to share your thoughts with our planning team. If we have any news for you on that front, you'll hear it first in our yearly CanJam Global thread (here's a link to the thread for 2023) and featured on the homepage as soon as information is available. We're still finalizing some of the last details for next year's schedule, but it won't too long a wait before we can announce all of our show dates for 2024.

In the meantime, we're happy to invite all continental Europe Head-Fi'ers to join us in London this weekend. My overseas family is always bragging about how budget-friendly many of the airlines are, so why not take advantage of that and join us in a few days? :wink:
I don't think that August in EU is budget friendly speaking about airlines 😅

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2023 at 3:45 PM Post #354 of 432
Happy to say I am now coming for the whole weekend rather than just Sunday afternoon. I'm new to headphones so I'll have a lot more time trying different things out. I like full bodied sound over ear phones - must be closed back. Very interested in ZMF but if anyone has suggestions...
Tried Focal and didn't like them - Celestée

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2023 at 3:50 PM Post #355 of 432
I don't think that August in EU is budget friendly speaking about airlines 😅
London accommodation prices are always high but August is peak holiday season, which I'm sure makes matters worse for folks travelling in.

I agree with @DarginMahkum - I know many would love to see a European CanJam event. There are fantastic brands and companies throughout Europe, so it would be great for the CanJam team to explore further.

I hope everyone enjoys this weekend's event.

Aug 15, 2023 at 4:13 PM Post #356 of 432
London accommodation prices are always high but August is peak holiday season, which I'm sure makes matters worse for folks travelling in.
This is why I'm hoping @AxelCloris and the rest of the Head-fi team move CanJam London back to July from next year. August is not a good time at all.

Aug 15, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #357 of 432

Yes Germany definitely needs a CanJam!

Aug 15, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #358 of 432
An EU CanJam would be absolutely awesome! Can you imagine all the European new(ish) start ups that could attend as well as the ones we all know such as Felix Audio, Ideon Audio, Farad and Forza Audioworks among many, many others. The European HiFi establishment is rapidly becoming a force to be reckoned with. I can't wait until a Euro CanJam is upon us all!! 🎧

Aug 15, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #359 of 432
For a potential CanJam EU locale, I hereby nominate Paris. Every bit the world-class city as London, endless points of interest, better cuisine (except for beer!), more central, and (shockingly) far less expensive to visit. As a bonus, if it'll still be held in August, most of the Parisians will be away on holiday! :wink:

Aug 15, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #360 of 432
For a potential CanJam EU locale, I hereby nominate Paris. Every bit the world-class city as London, endless points of interest, better cuisine (except for beer!), more central, and (shockingly) far less expensive to visit. As a bonus, if it'll still be held in August, most of the Parisians will be away on holiday! :wink:
Paris is expensive, far better is Germany, cities like Munich or Berlin are more business cities and are full of solutions for an exhibition like CanJam.

If You prefer Italy, for me it's even better 😬

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back