CanJam London 2023 (August 19-20, 2023)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 8, 2023 at 8:25 AM Post #241 of 432
I'm really concerned about all this time slot booking in advance. Is there a danger I'll spend half a day travelling only to find I can't listen to headphones? Is there a booking platform for ZMF?

The booking is only for the HE1 as it's an exclusive experience in a suite, not on the show floor. You'll be able to try all the HPs (there might be some queues for some).

Aug 8, 2023 at 9:16 AM Post #246 of 432
Aug 8, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #248 of 432
Booked my slot for both days
I am afraid double bookings might get cut in half by the system 😬. We want everyone to have the opportunity and the slots are already filling up. Hope you understand.
Fair enough. Just not sure why you singled my post out :thinking:

Especially when there was an earlier post saying they'd also booked a slot for both days they were attending which you then liked?

A little consistency would be nice :wink:

Aug 8, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #249 of 432
Hifi Lounge offer a listening demo for the HE1 and presumably for a lot longer than 15 minutes plus you would be able to choose your tracks. I believe Sennheiser will play you 3 or 4 pre selected tracks for the 15 minute demo. At the very least I would like to listen to Hotel California if it were part of this demo.

https://hifilounge.co.uk/

Aug 8, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #250 of 432
Hifi Lounge offer a listening demo for the HE1 and presumably for a lot longer than 15 minutes plus you would be able to choose your tracks. I believe Sennheiser will play you 3 or 4 pre selected tracks for the 15 minute demo. At the very least I would like to listen to Hotel California if it were part of this demo.

I'll be happy to listen to anything on the HE-1 for 15 minutes. It is a system, most of us will never be able to afford. Yes, 15 mins is a very brief impression, but still something. Sure they could improve the experience by selecting your own tracks, giving you 30 mins, two hours, giving away a HE-1 to one lucky listener or even giving away a set to everybody on the auditioning list! :)
They obviously want to give a chance to as many people as possible, as a celebration for us enthusiasts. Those, who really consider buying the HE-1 will book a longer audition with a distributor.

Aug 8, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #251 of 432
Booked a 15min slot on the Saturday - I listened to them a few years ago and they did sound very impressive but ultimately not for me. I need to refresh my memory of their sound and get some pics for the show write-up though.

Aug 8, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #252 of 432

HiFi Lounge is an absolutely wonderful place for all things HiFi especially Headphones!! Lovely setting in the Countryside and quiet which is what we all need when evaluating HiFi. The Owner, Paul and his Wife, are so friendly and hospitable. Experience a visit if you can.... you won't regret it.

Aug 8, 2023 at 10:56 AM Post #253 of 432
HiFi Lounge is an absolutely wonderful place for all things HiFi especially Headphones!! Lovely setting in the Countryside and quiet which is what we all need when evaluating HiFi. The Owner, Paul and his Wife, are so friendly and hospitable. Experience a visit if you can.... you won't regret it.
I would 2nd this. I spent half a day there listening to gear. Lovely people 👍😊

Aug 8, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #254 of 432
I am afraid double bookings might get cut in half by the system 😬. We want everyone to have the opportunity and the slots are already filling up. Hope you understand.
Booked a single slot, going for two days but booked one slot.
Any idea what the demo tracks (resoution and format) are so I can compare with my own system before I arrive?
Tried sevral years ago but so looking forward this again, thank you.

Aug 8, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #255 of 432
Booked a single slot, going for two days but booked one slot.
Any idea what the demo tracks (resoution and format) are so I can compare with my own system before I arrive?
Tried sevral years ago but so looking forward this again, thank you.

We will look to setup a source with a streaming service (and/or a decent offline library) so you can try your favourite music 😉.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back