CanJam London 2023 (August 19-20, 2023)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 5, 2023 at 6:11 AM Post #226 of 432
Do we have any kind of a digital queue list for items with a high demand for an audition? Or it's an analog one in some place already in the exhibition?

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #227 of 432
Do we have any kind of a digital queue list for items with a high demand for an audition? Or it's an analog one in some place already in the exhibition?
Not as far as I'm aware. You should be able to hear everything you want if you're a little patient and/or pop back at a different time during the event.

Aug 5, 2023 at 5:54 PM Post #228 of 432
Well we've become "little England" - the logistics involved for international companies to come over for trade shows are a nightmare and it's a lot more difficult than it used to be sadly.
Yes and we even have to pay VAT on used gear from the EU now. Total madness.

I'd love to visit. Just can't afford the hotels
The Park Plaza is £300 night with discount! I'm doing a day trip from Shrewsbury. It'll mean six hours in total on the train and I bought a Senior Railcard so train fare reasonable and not silly as it is in the week. I'll be exhausted when I get back but I think it'll be worth it. Just hope I can get to listen to what I want to - the ZMF range mostly. Be great to have this event outside of London but I realise access needs to be easy for international visitors and exhibitors. I attended the Northwest Audio Show at Cranage in Cheshire, a country hotel - just the perfect venue - for me anyway.

Aug 7, 2023 at 3:58 AM Post #229 of 432
London23_Header_seminars.jpg

Come join us in the Plaza 12-13 Suites on the Lower Lobby level (-1) directly above the main exhibit area of CanJam London 2023 for a series of interactive discussion panels with some of the industry’s leading experts in audio technology.

Saturday, August 19, 2023

12:00p - 1:00p It's About Time; An Introduction to Piezo-MEMS µSpeakers

Recent developments by xMEMS Labs, of Santa Clara, CA has resulted in a new transduction mechanism called Piezo-MEMS µSpeakers. Piezo-MEMS µSpeakers have unique attributes and inherent behaviors that out-class traditional coil based dynamic drivers and balanced armature receivers. xMEMS µSpeakers are fabricated in a semiconductor process, which results in highly uniform and precise transducers. These new µSpeakers are being used in consumer audio products including TWS earbuds and audiophile IEM as well as professional In Ear Monitors, and most recently, headphones. The presentation will include a technical primer covering theory of operation, design, fabrication, packaging, reliability and testing as well as listening demos of xMEMS latest Audiophile IEMs.
Presenter: Michael Ricci, Sr. Director of Electroacoustic Engineering, xMEMS Labs

2:00p - 3:00p Pro Audio vs Audiophilia - Two Worlds Collide

Pro audio and audiophile playback systems can often sound distinctly different, with seemingly fundamental clashes in their goals. While professionals typically insist on flat frequency response and detail, audiophiles tend to favor immersiveness and emotionality. And yet, these two worlds must collide to bring about the enjoyment that we all prize - but where? Join Chris Berens (Audeze Artist Relations) for some fascinating insights on the differences between pro audio and audiophile priorities, preferences, and products — and how we strangely end up hearing the same thing.
Presenter: Chris Berens, Artist Relations, Audeze

3:00p - 4:00p DAC Architectures: The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly

Although digital audio is ubiquitous these days, finding an optimal DAC (Digital-to-Analog Converter) remains a complicated, and often confusing, task. Join Rob Watts, Digital Design Consultant for Chord Electronics, as he explores the various DAC architectures commonly employed today, and breaks down the strengths and weaknesses of each. Finally, personal preferences aside, learn the objective criteria by which all digital-to-analog conversion methods should be judged for high fidelity audio applications.
Presenter: Rob Watts, Chord Electronics

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, August 20, 2023

2:00p - 3:00 How Interpolation Filters and Transients Crucially Affect Sound Quality

Join us for an invaluable hour of insight into how digital interpolation filters work. This seminar will cover: understanding the importance of interpolation filtering and transients; realizing just how much time domain performance can dictate fidelity and realism, and much more. If you didn’t understand any of that, and you are currently pursuing an endgame rig with a digital source, then this is one seminar you won’t want to miss.

3:00p - 4:00p Ask The Reviewers @ CanJam London 2023!

What was best-in-show at CanJam London 2023? Does burn-in exist? Do cables make a difference? How much power does the Susvara truly need? What is the best in-ear monitor or headphone, for my music, within my budget? You have questions, bring them to our panel of expert reviewers. Join Koji Ghafoor (Convince Me Audio), Jude Mansilla (Head-Fi.org), Cameron Oatley a.k.a. Goldensound (Headphones.com), and Oscar Stewart (HiFi Pig) as they answer them all live, and in real time!

Aug 7, 2023 at 7:48 AM Post #230 of 432
Bit off topic, but you can also enjoy Oppenheimer in full 70mm IMAX while you're in London. There is only 2 other places in Europe, Manchester and Prague. The BFI IMAX cinema is basically right down the street.
Also at the Science Museum (2 out of the 30 worldwide "real IMAX" venues are in London, and one more in Manchester). I've been told audiences at the Science Museum are more polite.

Pro tip: if the hotel and travel costs have wiped out your non-headphone budget but you still want a good meal, Flat Iron Waterloo at 41–45 The Cut has excellent steaks at very reasonable prices.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #231 of 432
London23_Header_seminars.jpg

Come join us in the Plaza 12-13 Suites on the Lower Lobby level (-1) directly above the main exhibit area of CanJam London 2023 for a series of interactive discussion panels with some of the industry’s leading experts in audio technology.

Saturday, August 19, 2023

12:00p - 1:00p It's About Time; An Introduction to Piezo-MEMS µSpeakers

Recent developments by xMEMS Labs, of Santa Clara, CA has resulted in a new transduction mechanism called Piezo-MEMS µSpeakers. Piezo-MEMS µSpeakers have unique attributes and inherent behaviors that out-class traditional coil based dynamic drivers and balanced armature receivers. xMEMS µSpeakers are fabricated in a semiconductor process, which results in highly uniform and precise transducers. These new µSpeakers are being used in consumer audio products including TWS earbuds and audiophile IEM as well as professional In Ear Monitors, and most recently, headphones. The presentation will include a technical primer covering theory of operation, design, fabrication, packaging, reliability and testing as well as listening demos of xMEMS latest Audiophile IEMs.
Presenter: Michael Ricci, Sr. Director of Electroacoustic Engineering, xMEMS Labs

2:00p - 3:00p Pro Audio vs Audiophilia - Two Worlds Collide

Pro audio and audiophile playback systems can often sound distinctly different, with seemingly fundamental clashes in their goals. While professionals typically insist on flat frequency response and detail, audiophiles tend to favor immersiveness and emotionality. And yet, these two worlds must collide to bring about the enjoyment that we all prize - but where? Join Chris Berens (Audeze Artist Relations) for some fascinating insights on the differences between pro audio and audiophile priorities, preferences, and products — and how we strangely end up hearing the same thing.
Presenter: Chris Berens, Artist Relations, Audeze

3:00p - 4:00p DAC Architectures: The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly

Although digital audio is ubiquitous these days, finding an optimal DAC (Digital-to-Analog Converter) remains a complicated, and often confusing, task. Join Rob Watts, Digital Design Consultant for Chord Electronics, as he explores the various DAC architectures commonly employed today, and breaks down the strengths and weaknesses of each. Finally, personal preferences aside, learn the objective criteria by which all digital-to-analog conversion methods should be judged for high fidelity audio applications.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, August 20, 2023

2:00p - 3:00 How Interpolation Filters and Transients Crucially Affect Sound Quality

Join us for an invaluable hour of insight into how digital interpolation filters work. This seminar will cover: understanding the importance of interpolation filtering and transients; realizing just how much time domain performance can dictate fidelity and realism, and much more. If you didn’t understand any of that, and you are currently pursuing an endgame rig with a digital source, then this is one seminar you won’t want to miss.

3:00p - 4:00p Ask The Reviewers @ CanJam London 2023!

What was best-in-show at CanJam London 2023? Does burn-in exist? Do cables make a difference? How much power does the Susvara truly need? What is the best in-ear monitor or headphone, for my music, within my budget? You have questions, bring them to our panel of expert reviewers. Join Koji Ghafoor (Convince Me Audio), Jude Mansilla (Head-Fi.org), Cameron Oatley a.k.a. Goldensound (Headphones.com), and Oscar Stewart (HiFi Pig) as they answer them all live, and in real time!
I wished the Sunday presentations were earlier, though. I guess many coming from outside, especially from outside UK, will go back Sunday afternoon or latest evening and won't be able to join these. Would be great if someone could make a video.

Anyway, thanks for the efforts and I wish great time to those that will be there.

Aug 8, 2023 at 6:11 AM Post #233 of 432
As some of you know, we have partnered with @Sennheiser and Head-fi to bring the HE-1 to Canjam London 2023.

The sign-up is now open at the link below:

https://appoint.ly/s/sennheiser/HE-1

Make sure to secure your spot early!

We look forward to seeing you next week. We will have loads of surprises, new product announcements, special guests and giveaways at the booths!

First giveaway announcement: Sennheiser are offering a HD800s to a lucky person visiting their booth.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2023 at 6:15 AM Post #234 of 432
As some of you know, we have partnered with @Sennheiser and head-fi to bring the HE-1 to Canjam London 2023.

We look forward to seeing you next week. We will have loads of surprises, new product announcements special guests and giveaways at the booths!

First giveaway announcement: Sennheiser are offering a HD800s to a lucky person visiting their booth.
Picked two spots for me & wife. See you there.

Aug 8, 2023 at 6:21 AM Post #235 of 432
As some of you know, we have partnered with @Sennheiser and head-fi to bring the HE-1 to Canjam London 2023.

We look forward to seeing you next week. We will have loads of surprises, new product announcements special guests and giveaways at the booths!

Exciting! I have my 15min slot booked! Go guys, this will fill up quickly! :)

Aug 8, 2023 at 7:44 AM Post #236 of 432
I booked my time slot for Saturday & Sunday to listen to the HE1.

I also booked a time slot for my friend on Sunday so I hope that's ok.

Aug 8, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #239 of 432
I'm really concerned about all this time slot booking in advance. Is there a danger I'll spend half a day travelling only to find I can't listen to headphones? Is there a booking platform for ZMF?
I was thinking of going but I've never been before but like you I'm concerned, I think I will just give it a miss, so more room for everyone else. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back